Yet Another Fusion Neck Seal Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Sharpe

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I admit it.....I prefer neoprene neck seals to latex, even after trimming a couple of rings off my Fusion neck seal it's still somewhat uncomfortable. One the other hand the neoprene neck seal on my big, heavy, bulky compressed neoprene drysuit fits like a comfy pair of slippers, is warmer and doesn't leak.

Have any of you installed a neoprene neck seal on your Fusion? (or is this a back to the factory type of job??)

I replaced both neck seals on my Whites suits (one Fusion and one Catalyst) with OS Systems latex seals and they are more comfortable and thicker.

My wife has a neo neck seal on her Fusion. She had Gamble put it in.

Gamble Scuba in Gainesville? If you don't mind my asking......how much did they charge?

I replaced both neck seals on my Whites suits (one Fusion and one Catalyst) with OS Systems latex seals and they are more comfortable and thicker.

Was it a D-I-Y job?

I get the impression from Whites web site that standard adhesives won't work properly on the drycore.

Gamble Scuba in Gainesville? If you don't mind my asking......how much did they charge?

Yes. As for price, I don't remember. She's a board member, though, and I'm sure she can let you know (PM jenth).

Yes, Gamble in Gainesville. I highly recommend him. While it took 2 rounds to make sure I had the perfect fit, he covered all the extra shipping costs. He really just wants to make sure you're happy with the neck seal he makes. I wouldn't hesitate to send it to him again. And I know everyone has their own recommended system, lube, product, etc...but now that I've gone with the neo neck, I'll never go back!

Was it a D-I-Y job?

I get the impression from Whites web site that standard adhesives won't work properly on the drycore.

Yes. Replacing seals is a not a big deal and if you are unfamiliar or unsure of the process, there are dozens of youtube videos describing how to do it.

I've had no problems with using PB300 as an adhesive but just in case, I sent a message to Justin to make sure.:wink: I know it worked great on the Catalyst suit.

It is my understanding that there is no adhesive that will stick to the urethane Fusion bag AND to a neoprene seal. I had my neoprene seal put on by Superior, and what they did was to make a "cuff" of trilaminate type material, glue that to the suit, and glue the neck seal to the cuff. It was not a simple DIY project.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom