You asked for it - More Black and Whites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you doing these "in-camera" or in Photoshop? I was looking for a B/W setting on my D300 but can't find one (though I could 'gasp' read the manual)

I like shooting Kiawe trees as they are each so unique.

Aloha, Tim

My camera has a monochrome setting, I used it for these pictures. But you can easily change them to B&W's with PS

Here's a shot of my favorite kiawe tree, I tried converting it to B/W in PS - I like the way the sky shows up with the setting moon. Though I need to work on my framing technique...

Thanks for the idea Leesa.

Aloha, Tim

moonset2.jpg

kidspot:
Are you doing these "in-camera" or in Photoshop? I was looking for a B/W setting on my D300 but can't find one (though I could 'gasp' read the manual)
As far as I know, the Nikon's do not have a built in B&W setting. So the conversion has to be done with software.

If you want the internal B&W feature you need to go with Canon. They all have it.

oops - I put the D at the wrong end - Canon 300D (Digital Rebel)

though since it's a canon, I'll look for the setting again - must have just overlooked it.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom