you gotta love...........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with Bottom Feeder - almost all year long the bottom gets so sturred up from the ship traffic, viz is 5-10'. My third cert. dive was a shore dive, but down to a broken up wooden hull vessel that sunk in the early 1900's.
I stared and stared into the darkness, all I could see was more dark, then..... there she was!!! 10' ahead of me an enormous hull took shape - My first wreck!! That feeling is so cool! Exploring a wreck, seeing something 95% of people (probably more) will never see - thats exciting!

:cool:
SS

We've got a small wreck in the Netherlands, in a lake. It is about 8 m deep (25 feet). Visibility can be bad (2m, 6 feet). It is very hard to imagine what the wreck looks like, because you only see a very small part of it at a time.

It is a sand-dredger near Zwolle. One of those with a chain of cups. It accidentally flooded :D

Sometimes I can't even tell a wreck is there if she is over 200 ft away.

Hmm - NetDoc - I feel like I need to hurt you in some way - or at least force you to dive in our happy 15 - 20' viz here...
200' - pheeft - whatever...:boom:

Big T

If I can see my own fins I'm happy.
I dive mostly in local lakes and quarrys, where the eater is always cold, and the vis is under 15 feet in lakes and under 50 feet in quarrys. My best ever was 70 feet once in the see-way and once in lake Ontario (kingston)...

Deaming of the warm waters of Curacao ... November 2002.
m&m

I have dove in the Detroit River, which is the worst dive I have ever done. I had to put my guages right in front of my mask to read them. The dive was aborted after 7-10 minutes. On a good day you will get 5 feet of visibility ( i have been told). That day was not a good day. I think we were on the sunken sail boat we were looking for because we were hanging on to some piece of water damaged board, but we didn't know for sure cuz we couldn't see nothing.

yup i get that feeling too diving in the channels of the harbours ,
but outside the harbours the vis clears , but thats what brought me to diving !

Geez, you guys are really making my mouth water for deep WATER. Hmm, that sounded kinda weird.
But I seriously can't wait to get my cert dives over with and start doing some real diving. Of course, it might be a while before I get the experience necessary to dive a wreck, but it's a great goal and it will be fun getting there!

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom