You know it's time to take a dive trip when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When wearing your new hyperstretch hood to bed gets your parner excited...to book a trip to the Channel Islands.

Ah, I see that you're a DIR (Diving In Restroom) diver...

Now that is funny...actually my gf could use it as a non-toxic air supply after I vacate the bathroom.. :D

But seriously, O'Ring, where do you dive locally?

Lake Rawlings lately...going to Millbrook in a couple weeks..heck, anywhere I can. PM me if you are up for Rawlings tomorrow or if you want to hit any of the other local sites any time soon. divernva and I have been trying to plan something lately so maybe you can join us...

Pretty much just doing the quarrys and stuff for fun and practice and then scheduling NC trips in between (going down there in July, August, and September).

There are a couple good local clubs (Patowmack Divers and NoVA Tech) that do a lot of quarry training stuff and have pretty frequent meetings...I can hook you up with them too..

--Eric

I should actually post why I had a tank rigged in my bathroom so someone can get something useful out of this thread instead of a chuckle...

Bathroom training is the way to go if your LDS doesn't have a pool and you need to get more comfortable with mask removal and being comfortable breathing underwater without a mask. Although you can't properly clear a mask in the tub, you can flood it and sit there with it flooded until you are comfortable with it.

This was a while back, but as I remember it, I had come back from a local dive with about 1000 psi in my tank. You would be surprised how much practice you can get in 6" of fresh water with 500-800 psi. Just sitting for 10 minutes underwater with no mask on and breathing from a reg can do wonders for your confidence level in maskless situations.

Bit of advice for bathroom divers...don't practice breathing from a free flowing reg without the shower curtain pulled closed...I got in a bit of trouble for making a mess...:(

Thanks for the invite. I'm tied up this weekend but have been jonesing for dives--maybe Lake Michigan later this month.

I've done Rawlings, Millbrook several times this year, Dutch Springs a couple weeks ago (good but too bloody far), and tried Indian River on Surface Interval last weekend but with 11 foot seas, well you know.

Do you know anything about Atlantis Rangers? I'm checking dropping in on one of their meetings tonight. I hear there's a club that does the Type XXII U-Boat the Navy scuttled in the Potomac. Is that one of the clubs you know of?

Do you know anything about Atlantis Rangers? I'm checking dropping in on one of their meetings tonight. I hear there's a club that does the Type XXII U-Boat the Navy scuttled in the Potomac. Is that one of the clubs you know of?

Let me know what you find out! I have not heard of them, but am definitely interested... Diving the Potomac...wow...are you sure I won't grow another head? :eek:ut:

I would be in for that...what is the depth? The vis can't be too good...pea soup?

maybe Lake Michigan later this month

I was planning on doing some Michigan stuff myself...combine that with a trip to my dad's in Battle Creek. Maybe we can carpool if you do it...I know a couple Michigan divers that said they would give me a local orientation if I come up that way...and we could drop in on LostYooper...

tried Indian River on Surface Interval last weekend

I have a buddy that I met at the last meeting that is diving on Surface Interval tomorrow...we will have to all hook up and head up there. He seems to like it, but I haven't been out that way yet...

--Eric

Yeah, it can if I dive it with that yoke adapter on it...I usually dive DIN tanks, but that particular tank is a yoke and the yoke adapter adds about three inches or so on it...

I took a couple of pictures for you of the same setup without the yoke adapter on a DIN tank...see the difference?

With Yoke Adapter On

Top view...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom