Your Best “eBay” Scuba Equipment Purchase!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought a Northern Diver Cortex FEZ (front entry) for $400. Seller said it had 1 dive on it and didn't fit good. When I received it, the drysuit looked brand new and no signs of wear on the boot treads. Fits me great and I've dove it 8x, so far, and love it.

Have gotten a buch of great deals on Ebay. Only twice have I had bad deals. It all centers on feedback. If they don't have a bunch of good transactions don't bid.

Got a Scubapro classic last week for $150 with only a couple of dives on it.

Set of Scubapro fins for $10.50 that are in great shape.

Bought 3 wetsuits, another BCD, regulators and a plethora of other scuba related items at very cheap prices that really made me happy.

Then there is the "scubapro regulator and gauges in like new condition" I purchased from a person with 1 feedback.... Regulator mouthpiece chewed by an animal and major section of it missing, SPG reads 300 PSI with no pressure applied. Gauges all yellowed and rubber dry rotted. Seller works for a law firm and thinks she is a lawyer. Never buy from a seller without a history of good feedback. Still debating nightly with this seller via email...

Conshelf XIV Regulator, new in box $85.00, Conshelf XIV Octupus, new in box, $35.00, Oceanic Console, new in box $110.00. The Reg byitself retails for over $400. Have made several good purchase from ebay. Almost all of my vintage gear, and several pieces of my front line stuff.

Have to add a $20 wetsuit to the report now. Great condition, better price :)

1 DA Aquamaster regulator and 2 Draeger Dolphins.
I haven't seen the reg yet but the rebreathers were a great buy.

Guys, be careful "Shill Bidding."

There are a lot of shill bidding on the scuba equipment at eBay. Even SB memers are doing "Shill bidding." So, please check out the internet sources and make sure of your ceiling limits at first. Never be a implusive bidder agaist the shill bidders!

Bought 2 Kirby Morgan EXO-26 full face mask with three Ocean Technology System wireless comm units (one with surface tranducer) and an Amron hardwire surface comm unit for $500. Took a chance doing so as the seller had no prior sales and no feedback score. Bought a new in box, never wet Deepoutdoors 44# lift BC with stainless backpack and intergrated weights for $200. I have never been burnt on Ebay and have made over 200 purchases. Don't buy on impulse and watch similar sales for a while to see the average price of what you should be paying. Before I have bought something on impulse only to see the same item selling much cheaper a week or so later.

I have had lots of excellent buys but a few stand out. First - Seaquest XR2/Spectrum reg brand new in box for $55 including shipping. Also got a Titan LX Supreme 2nd stage for $45.

And the real stunner - A combo Scubapro BCD with Air2, dive bag and MK10+/D400 with Scubapro 3 gauge console for $150 and $20 shipping. I sold the BCD and the Air 2 to recoup my $170 investment, therefore getting a Mark 10+/D400 and an extremely nice Scubapro gauge console plus dive bag FOR FREE!!! I almost felt guilty. And to top it all off - everything was pristine!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom