Your Best Scuba Antique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Farralon depth gauge, several snorkels, masks, fins, etc. from the mid 1970s. I also have a Nemrod tank with J valve. And I have a "Calypso" mask from the 1960s (?).

I have a diving sword. When I finished my certification in 88, my folks (bless them) thought a dive knife would be a great gift. Therefore, they went to a shop (don’t know if it was dive related) and picked up a US Divers Knife. The knife is 8.5 inches……….. for the blade. The handle is another 5 inches (13.5 total). I still carry this “SWORD” with me in the event pirates attack us from the 1700’s. This was a knife clearly designed with the 60’s in mind. Does this count as an antique?

2-RAM's a WK72 W/ a voit bak pak a bend-O-matic and an Orca, and a box-o- J valves. OH, and my first weight belt made from a seatbelt out of a Studebaker silver hawk.

My stuff would not be that old, but for me it's my Sherwood Brute (sp). I purcased in the 1985/86 :11doh: and still use it every week in the pool. Just had it overhauled and it works just fine

steel us divers tank with j valve 1966 , jet fins from the late 70s still use them,and a us divers conshelf reg from 60s to early seventys need a rebuild kit for that one

Lots of cool gear so far! I guess a scuba "antique" is anything as old or older than your first dives. Considering where the industry has gone in the past 20yrs I would say anything made before 1986 qualifies for this thread. Keep the goodies comming. This is interesting.

---Bob

My favorite is my Snark III Super double hose reg. I also have an DA aqua master from 58 or 59. However, I aquired these recently, so my oldest piece of gear is a set of rocket fins from the late 70's. My oldest regulator is a calypso VI that I bought about 1980. I wish I still had my original Aquarius. I can't believe I sold it all those years ago.

My Los Angeles County c-card from 1969 (still in like-new condition since I only carry a copy in my wallet). None of the gear I used from 1961 into the late 90's has survived this long. I'm lucky I have!

Hey, Joel
Let me guess. That U.S. Divers knife has a big black rubberized grip with stainless hammer pommel, vicious serations on the back and extended tangs.
I found its twin while snorkeling in a north Texas lake when I was about 12 (circa 1968). I've had it ever since, though seldom used. It is, indeed, a "sword". Had to be a "real man" to use those things, I guess. However, I bet it affected the original owner's buoyancy when he dropped that rascal!
I'm only guessing that our knives count as "antique".

My oldest is a Voit 71 cu ft tank I bought new in 1957 and still use

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom