Your Holiday Project 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShoalDiverSA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have just (sort of) finished my Christmas project for 2005 and I was wondering what the other SB'ers have done with their (non-diving) time this holiday season. I have read about some DIY dry suit glove projects, DIY bottom timer mods and a pressure testing rig. What did you do this holiday?

My project was a jungle gym for my two children. We decided to remove a caravan "carport" erected by the previous owner of our house and replace it with a jungle gym we could store our trailer under. Because we needed custom dimensions, all the standard jungle gym installers were not prepared to do it for me. So I designed the jungle gym to suit our needs and the corner of the garden it was being installed in, bought the materials and started building.

This was a big learning experience for me. I am used to working with metal, not gum poles. I started with a spirit level, then dropped that for a bad idea - it just does not work with raw gum poles! Most of the alignment was done with line levels and by eye.

I'm pretty pleased with the result. The last couple of things to be done are:
  • Varnish and strengthen roof frame
  • Install shade cloth roof
  • Install wooden swings (out of stock at the moment)
  • Install slats along the side of the frame to hide trailer
  • Install cargo net for climbing (out of stock as well)
  • Remove remaining paving and propagate grass around the side

I have attached "time lapse" photos of the work in progress.

So I still have quite a bit of work to do, but the kids are playing on it already and having great fun. It was worth the effort just to see the big smiles they have had on their faces the last couple of days. My son was distraught last night when I took him off the swing to have a bath. Did I mention that I love my kids? :wink:

Share your projects with us!

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom