Your opinion of rooms at Anthony's Key??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydroknot

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have an offer for a Hill Standard or a Key Standard at Anthony's from Dec 25 until Jan 01. Standard rooms have no air conditioning. Any problems with no AC? Sleeping comfort is biggest question in my mind. Probably won't spend much time in the room during the day. Eager to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Just got back from Roatan. Didn't stay at AK but the thought of NO AC would have been a BAAAAD thing IMO. The heat wasn't hard to get used to, but sleeping in it would probably have been miserable. :sad:

Given the time of year, you can probably get away with it. I have been there in the summer and wouldn't recommend it then.

We stayed in a Key Superior in April. I would definitely go with a key room over a hill room. The key rooms are much nicer and there would be a better chance of a breeze to keep the room comfortable at night.

depends on your tolerence of heat. Might be ok in Jan, no way would I do it without A/C in the summer, fans and breezes not enough IMO.

AK is a really nice place but I would not go w/o a/c bro. Bad idea. There is a reason why they offer great deals for rooms w/o a/c, you know?

We've stayed in a Key room with AC but I think even without AC you will have more of a breeze being closer to the water. The other thing with the Hill rooms is that the stairs just to the restaurant are pretty steep and many of the hill rooms have an even steeper climb.

Have stayed in both...Key rooms will give you more breeze as others have said....that time of the year is the rainy season so it can be a bit cooler and if a Norte hits you will be on the North side of the island so the breeze will be really nice....but your diving could be blown out for a day:idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom