Your opinions, who makes the best wing for backplate or "Soft BC"?

Who makes the best Wing for a single tank backplate or "Soft BC"?

• Dive Rite

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Halcyon

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • There are other better wings out there, I will specify on this thread

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OxyCheq Mach V for singles!

Nothing finer!

flame retardant suit on

Indeed, a very streamlined wing for single AL80 diving.

Deep Sea Supply...I'm surprised it took so long for even the first mention.

Did DSS even exist when this thread was originally posted?

Halcyon wings, both Eclipse and Evolve, have an inner bladder. The Pioneer hasn't been in production for years.

You are correct sir! But seeing as how you were quoting me from a loooooong time ago you are also wrong. I own an Eclipse and 2 Evolves and they are great, no complaints at all. But being that they no longer make the Pioneer it is a moot point! To the other posters, Oxycheq and Deep Sea Supply weren't making a single tank wing back then, so they couldn't be recommended or in fact even mentioned :D. Also since about 2004 I would rather use a black hefty bag for a wing than any OMS product.

Well since this thread is revived for all those now looking to fill their singles wing needs:

While I own a OMS 45# bungie wing and find it a comfortable wing to dive as a single wing. (it is rated for both singles and doubles)
For a streamline wing with the least resistance I use a Oxycheq 30# Mach V.
There are smaller wings with less lift capacity but I prefer more reserve lift capacity than they offer.

Also since about 2004 I would rather use a black hefty bag for a wing than any OMS product.

Matt, any specific reasons? Specific comemnts about their BC? Thanks.

Gotta add another vote for a DSS BP/W and for Tobin. DSS makes a great product at a great price, and you cannot beat Tobin's customer service. He spent close to an hour on the phone with me to make sure I was buying the right wing for my diving needs and nothing extra.

Matt, any specific reasons? Specific comemnts about their BC? Thanks.

HORRIBLE customer service. I had a few questions about some gear I owned and some I was thinking about buying (NOT calling to complain). They would never answer the phone, return calls, or return E-mails. I sold the few pieces of OMS gear I had (plate, wing, sta) and moved on. A lot of others have had the same experience I did. Not to mention that OMS claims NOT to allow authorization for Leisure Pro to sell any of their gear, yet LP sells/sold EVERY piece if gear that OMS has. With a company based in the same state as LP doesn't that seem odd?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom