Your Oscar thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw Walk the Line, and I think it was a great movie, but IMHO life's to short to waste several hours of it on watching awards shows on the boob tube when no one I know personally has been nominated.

I spent that evening doing shipwreck research.

teknitroxdiver:
[warning: this post contains very volatile material; if such things get your drawers in a wad, please untangle them in private, do not flame me. Again, this is OPINION]

I am very glad Brokeback didn't win, personally I don't see the appeal of gay cowboys. So overall it was pretty good. I was suprised at all the lesser-known types of movie productions, such as those short films and animated ones.

I was glad to see that Clint Eastwood didn't present the award to Ang Lee (usually the previous year's winner presents the award). Clint made real cowboy movies (except for Paint Your Wagon :D )

I also don't see the appeal. If it were a straight couple in the movie (there are cowgirls after all) I imagine it wouldn't have gotten any run at all. Oh well...Hollyweird loves the controversial!

I did have the TV on to the Oscars but was pretty focused on editing my Sea of Cortez footage from the past few years. Saw very few of the nominated films so I really had no way to rate them.

Saw "Crash" and really liked it but didn't see "Brokeback Mountain" (yet) so I can't compare the two.

Jessica Alba looked tasty, but so did almost all the other ladies! Was interesting to see a number of folks who seemed to downplay the glitz. Good for them... it's offensive to those of us at the other end of the socioeconomic spectrum (especially those of us who have true, but unrecognized talent!

Once again NONE of my documentary films were even nominated. What the heck do a bunch or tuxedo-wearing birds that can't even fly have over my subjects?

teknitroxdiver:
personally I don't see the appeal of gay cowboys.

areyou KIDDING???

you get to wear cowboy boots AND you get to accesorize (little horsehoe
bracelets, etc.)

oh, and don't forget chaps...

need i say more?

eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom