Your Oscar thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought Jody Foster richly deserved her oscar for her role in "Silence of the Lambs", ohh wait.. what year is it again :10:

Actually that is about the last time I paid all that much attention.

I asked my wife if she wanted to see "BrokeBack Mountain" and her response was, "I'm not interested in watching a movie about man love". My thoughts exactly even if we will likely rent it.

We watch plenty of movies, thanks to dollar rentals, but I can honestly say that no one in our household had any interest in seeing a bunch of rich people patting themselves on the back.

I will say however that I really like Reese, and thought she was hands down the standout in "Walk the Line".

TSandM:
This year set a record for me. I had not seen a single Oscar-nominated film!

Me neither. Didn't see a single thing on the list except Revenge of the Sith (make-up category--it lost). I didn't recognise the names of any of the films either and to save my life I couldn't tell you what any of the "best pictures" are about.... LOL

It's not that I lead a narrow life but the last few years Hollywood film have been either cliché, done before or boring. That's one of the reasons my wife and I took up rock climbing instead of going to the film.

R..

TSandM:
This year set a record for me. I had not seen a single Oscar-nominated film!

close.... we only saw one

we watched the Oscars anyway (we always do), just for the jokes

I saw them all.

John Stewart a little too smug for me. I liked Billy Crystal, Ellen, the happy nice people better. Brokeback Mountain was really beautiful. I am not bothered by "man love" at all for some reason. man love abounds in Iraq by the way (hopefully not mine)

Munich was a movie I hated but it got some acclaim. crash absolutely brilliant, did i say that already?

catherine96821:
I saw them all.

John Stewart a little too smug for me. I liked Billy Crystal, Ellen, the happy nice people better. Brokeback Mountain was really beautiful. I am not bothered by "man love" at all for some reason. man love abounds in Iraq by the way (hopefully not mine)

Munich was a movie I hated but it got some acclaim. crash absolutely brilliant, did i say that already?

I think Jon Stewart is hilarious.

I didn't see Munich, but it looked the most interesting of what was nominated. What didn't you like about it?

I agree with the previous poster regarding "man love"...I wouldn't pay to see it.

[warning: this post contains very volatile material; if such things get your drawers in a wad, please untangle them in private, do not flame me. Again, this is OPINION]

I am very glad Brokeback didn't win, personally I don't see the appeal of gay cowboys. So overall it was pretty good. I was suprised at all the lesser-known types of movie productions, such as those short films and animated ones.

Back
Top Bottom