You're at 84 ft and you see a school of bullsharks. Now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fmw625:
Why are ya'll picking on Arkansas?
Because it’s the only state to celebrate the Razorback and elect a Land Shark at the same time?

NWGratefulDiver:
Someone's been watching old Sea Hunt reruns ... :eyebrow:

I'd kick back and enjoy the show ... sharks don't eat scuba divers, the crunchy bit we carry on our back makes 'em fart ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'd love to find some old Sea Hunt episodes. My original inspiration: Mike Nelson!

Sasquatch:
I'd love to find some old Sea Hunt episodes. My original inspiration: Mike Nelson!
Search Ebay for Sea Hunt and you'll find many of the shows on DVD now.

im takiing the padi open water part 2 in a few days july 5th and 6th
in the class room and the books they do go into what to do in that situation
may be its me lol i read that book 6 times :icon10:
kinda made mt eyes tired
ohhh well ignore me im a newbie to this but i love it

hudson_hawk:
im takiing the padi open water part 2 in a few days july 5th and 6th
in the class room and the books they do go into what to do in that situation
may be its me lol i read that book 6 times :icon10:
kinda made mt eyes tired
ohhh well ignore me im a newbie to this but i love it

Good luck with your course and dives. Just remember, we were all newbies at one time.

From what I've seen and heard, sharks should not be too much of a consideration for you. If you stay out of certain waters you'll probably never see one that will harm you. They do not like Scuba divers, I'm happy to hear :)

Wijbrandus:
...<SNIP> As far as Darwin Awards go, I think Voop, being in Europe, might not have quite the same education on bears as someone who lives around them, and I'm willing to cut him some slack on that. If all I knew about bears was what I read in books, I'd be scared to death of them too. Kind of like sharks.

<SNIP>...

Hey....I've seen hollywood-movies too, and I've read about bears on the Internet, so doesn't that make me a true expert....? :wink:

No, you're right: only bear I've ever seen was behind bars in the local zoo, and he looked like he'd want someone to end his misery....felt sorry for the fuzzy fella. But, mind you, being bear-ignorant, I wasn't quite in the mood to give Teddy a hug, nor to let him out of his cage...

Sharks, on the other hand....wonderful creatures. Ran in to a couple of sharks "in love" not long ago -- they were waaaay too occupied by each other to even notice me :wink: Ok, they weren't bull's or whites but leopards -- but still.

In general, I much prefer sharks over damselfish: a photographer-buddy of mine was attacked by a parent-damsel for photographing babie-damsels...repeatedly....to the point where he ended up with a scar before backing up :wink: Damm those lil' thingies are aggressive when they've got lil' ones...

So I guess the real question should be this:

You're at 25m and you see a school of damselfish. Now what?" :wink:

I just pray (or prey?) that some mad scientist (dr. Evil?) doesn't go too far in the cross-breeding of species: imagine the temprament and colors of a damsel with the size and teeth of a shark.....

voop:
I just pray (or prey?) that some mad scientist (dr. Evil?) doesn't go too far in the cross-breeding of species: imagine the temprament and colors of a damsel with the size and teeth of a shark.....

Don't forget the frickin laser beams on their heads.

moosepks:
Don't forget the frickin laser beams on their heads.
Yesss...
And with that, this thread has exhausted its useful life.
Closed. :)
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom