Youth BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keep in mind cost of all of these XXXS bc's and what the cost to replace them when she outgrows them, also the lift limitations may not support some diving. Skeptical of it because they don't quote how much lift it provides, but saying it is rated for 10lbs of lead limits you to warm water diving.
I agree with the outgrowing part. That, and the very limited availability of kids BCs at the Dive shops led me to look at possibly getting a small or XS adult BC for my daughter. Was originally looking at the Zeagle Ranger Jr., but ended up getting her a Zeagle Lazer in Small. She's quite tall for her age (over 90th percentile) and just about as tall as her mom, so the Small fit her well. As she grows, I'll be able to swap out sections if necessary without having to buy a new BC. I chose this particular one as it's very similar to my Stiletto. Since her diving will be with me for a while yet, I made every effort to rig them both the same. Familiarity with her gear will mean she's familiar with my gear as well.

My daughter, almost 11 and a little taller then your girl but not much, has an Oxycheq travel plate with 18lb wing. She uses AL63 tanks. Fit is perfect and the tank is manageable for her. The only downside is that I no longer have an 18lb wing for travel. :)

I would second looking at something that she can by now and wear 10 years later... which is what i'll put my son in when he starts diving :D

I have a small/medium Zeagle Scout for sale on Craigs List right now. It's like new and asking $155. My daughter is 109 lbs and 5 feet tall. It fits her and there is plenty of room left for expansion. PM me is your are still interested. Here is the Craigs list ad. Zeagle Scout BCD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom