YouTube epiosodes about marine life in southern Califiornia kelp forests available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Some time back I decided to start uploading iPod versions of my cable TV show "Munching and Mating in the Macrocystis" episodes to YouTube. Currently there are about a dozen episodes there with more to follow. This show focuses on the marine critters found in the giant kelp (Macrocystis) forests of southern California. Each episode is 22 min long. You may view them by searching for my account (DrBillBushing) on YouTube. Comments are appreciated (including constructive criticism).

Some time back I decided to start uploading iPod versions of my cable TV show "Munching and Mating in the Macrocystis" episodes to YouTube. Currently there are about a dozen episodes there with more to follow. This show focuses on the marine critters found in the giant kelp (Macrocystis) forests of southern California. Each episode is 22 min long. You may view them by searching for my account (DrBillBushing) on YouTube. Comments are appreciated (including constructive criticism).
I just subscribed to it. I will be showing these to my wife and daughter. They will love them.

Hi Dr Bill,

Can you make a link from this page, because I found some videos of your but not the ones that you are talking about. None 22 minutes and not nothing about munching and mating.....

Thanks again maxbottom time...And thanks Dr.Bill, for the videos, I am going to learn more about evasive sea weeds and try to remove 10 lbs. per dive....

Thanks, Phil, for adding the link. I was still uploading new episodes when I posted this.

Thank you Dr.Bill! I always wanted to purchase some of your videos but as a starving college student, I have very little extra funds.

So stoked to finally see them. I watched the Greenling episode earlier today. Great information, excellent footage.....The availability of educational media for our local aquatic habitats is extremely lacking. Thank you for helping to fill the void!

I owe you a bottle of Ouzo:cheers:

A bottle of ouzo... now you're talking! I spent a month in Greece (mainly Rhodes and Crete) the summer before I moved to Catalina. When I came up on the deck of the Golden Doubloon dive boat that August 24, 1969, Catalina during sunrise looked just like the Greek islands... and most here spoke English (my Greek was a bit rusty). The only thing I needed to do was get the local liquor store (Tom Cat's in my case) to carry ouzo. I promised the owner that if he bought a case of it, I'd pay for any of it that remained at the end of a year. Now the liquor stores here carry it!

One of my near-term goals is to get back to Greece and do some SCUBA diving. Back when I was there the antiquities law did not allow recreational SCUBA diving and I had to free dive the islands.

Back
Top Bottom