Yukon by personal boat???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cppike79

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wanted to find out if its possible to dive the Yukon and or Ruby E. by personal boat and if so what is the standard protocol. My friend/dive buddy and I, who frequently take his boat out to Catalina, have been trying to plan a trip down to the Yukon, however its been pretty difficult finding a charter boat that goes out on my days off (Thursday & Friday) The only boat I have found is the Marissa, which it looks like wont be making a day trip to the Yukon on a Thursday or Friday for a few more weeks now.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

The mooring are for public use, I have used them myself. Here is a link to the SDOF web site about mooring etiquette. San Diego Oceans Foundation

You shouldn't have a problem getting at least a share of a mooring on Thursday or Friday if no cattle boats are scheduled. You can always anchor, the bottom is sand and about 120'. If you anchor, stay at least 100 yards away, so you don't bop somebody on the head, and swim to a mooring to make your decent.

How big a boat does your buddy have?

The mooring are for public use, I have used them myself. Here is a link to the SDOF web site about mooring etiquette. San Diego Oceans Foundation

dpbishop, thanks so much for the link, that was exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully on an early Thursday morning we wouldnt have too much of a problem getting a mooring.

How big a boat does your buddy have?

His boat is a 23 footer

Back
Top Bottom