Zagg Cover on Galileo Sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiosity, was Zagg ever able to resolve the sizing issue with the Sol? I was about to order one...

Nope,

They hung me to dry and never came back. It was a waste of my time to go as far as I did.

I just rely on the plastic shield that ships with the Sol and ordered me an extra as backup, much better than having an oversized shield on my Sol.

MG

Not that I'm aware of. Don't know if Mike ever sent in his extra shield. I still have the one I trimmed down on my cover, but would like for one that fit better.

Scubapro offers a film shield for the SOL, we stock them and they fit perfectly over the display, as one already mentioned there is a gap of about 1/32 of an inch around the shield itself. I will check when I get into the store today as to how it would fit on the plastic cover, we stock those as well.

Schott

Nope,

They hung me to dry and never came back. It was a waste of my time to go as far as I did.

I just rely on the plastic shield that ships with the Sol and ordered me an extra as backup, much better than having an oversized shield on my Sol.

MG

....I've had good luck with ZAGG, have ordered about a dozen over the last couple of years (cell phone/cameras/dive computers)...only had an 'issue' once where they 'shorted' me one shield on an order, however, they immediately shipped me the 'missing' shield once I e-mailed them about the omission.
The shields are a little bit tricky to install so as to not get any 'bubbles' trapped under the screen, but having done it a few times now I've got the 'technique' down now.....and so far I've been very satisfied with their customer service and the product itself.

Karl

...also, about the ZAGG product.....it's FAR superior to any other screen I've ever used on my dive computers....it's paper thin and doesn't scratch...my prior screens were much thicker, trapped debris/water sports underneath, and scratched fairly easily....so while they did 'save' the actual computer face from scratching, they looked like crap in short order and became hard to see though...and they didn't stick on the computers as well as the ZAGG screens.

Karl

I think its worth sharing, the plastic screen cover of my Galileo SOL is still the original cover and no scratch is visbible, like new. I had my Galileo since early 2008,

How? I used Zagg Invisible shield (Universal Size) and stick it to the face of the plastic screen cover, follow Zagg's installation procedure, once set, trim the extra piece of invisible shield with exacto knife, just follow the edges of the cover. There you go, you save $$ from keeping on buying new plastic cover which is about $ 29.00 a piece.

Zagg had issues with their Customer service rep, who has since been replaced with a very nice Gal. She sent me a replacement shield after I gave her the proper measurements of the screen and offered to send me an extra screen protector for free.

It's been on for over a year and even after getting whacked by coral the case got scratched but the screen did not!

Does anyone know if ZAGG makes a cover for Cochran computers?

I know this is an old thread, but I removed the plastic shield from my Sol and got the Zagg. I found the same problem--the Zagg comes much too large. I tried to trim and made a mess. So my next idea was to buy a large Zagg for the iPad 2 and cut it. I'm convinced the Zagg stretches a bit when applied so you do have to make sure you have a good 1 mm margin all around. If you try to make the fit too tight the shield will fold up at the edge.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom