Zanzibar Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My apologies to Raf/previous staff/anyone who has taken offence to my post, and apologies that I was putting forth views/experiences that were not my own.

If I could edit my post I would, to put perhaps a more neutral spin on it. What speaks volumes for the place so i am told is the diving.

-Andyjeffrey- I hope you find a good place to do your divemasters, perhaps you already have, - I would recommend one with as many facilities as possible to give you the widest range of experience with different equipment, dive sites, dive types, and customers. Centres with regular IDC programs are in my opinion good choices as the course directors are regularly teaching theory and dive course practices and you will gain a lot of insight into the PADI system, especially if you intend to go to OWSI or higher one day in the future. But............. equally, small and more basic centres can give you the same training - it depends on your instructors at the end of the day.

Not yet knowing the area, I won't say any more.

SFX diver, thank you for your recent post. It is very gracious of you to clarify your previous post.

It is also very kind of you to comment positively on the diving. I suggest that you find out for yourself, if you wish to come and visit me and Pemba, please email me on raf@kayakpemba.com.

As for the PADI system... well we want to add SSI to our stable.. but that is another story.

Last edited:
Agree entirely with Luko. Zanzibar is a bust, with many species fished to extinction. Prices are high both for diving and accommodations. Definitely a disappointment.
I wanted to go to Pemba but found it difficult to arrange transportation in the time I had.

Back
Top Bottom