Zeagle Ranger Bc problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by David Gallo
Last year I purchased a ZRanger at my instructors advice (a person I trust 100%). I was very happy with it for about 18 tropical dives. Last weekend I was diving in cold water localy and I found the weight pockets tearing out like you would not imagine. BOTH nylon pouches tore at the top seams and were very close to allowing my weights to dump with no notice. I called the shop I purchased from and they were very fast to contact Zeagle and try to make it right. I called Z as well and spoke with someone who asked me to send it in for examining. (which I did) I don"t want to be a pain to the fine folks at Zeagle, but: Is this dammage common for a Ranger BC only 20 dives old? Has anyone encountered this before? I really love this piece of gear but I honestly refuse to pay for a "repair" on an item so new.

I think you are having some bad luck here, i have dove a Zeagle and had no problems whatsoever 200 dives later.

I have a Zeagle Tech with about 140 dives on it and it looks like the day it came out of the box. Zeagle make a top quality product, I’m sure they’ll make it right for you.
……………….Arduous

Ok, I spoke with Zeagle yesterday. They were a bit freaked that the pockets failed so soon and were generaly cool on the phone. They asked me a few questions (how much weight, where, when, etc) They said they were already in the process of repairing my BC. But: I told them that because the weight system failed so soon, how soon can I expect the other doodads to tear apart as well ? They replied that all the components are manufactured at diffrent times and from diffrent materials and therefore a future malfuntion was unlikely. I dont trust my life to "unlikely". I ask you all, is a bc really just an assemblage of random parts? Should I trust my "repaired" BC in the future? I have no reason to doubt the folks at Z, but I would have assumed that a full replacment was the way for them to go here. (not that I really want a new one, this item was just starting to get broken in)

David I hesitated to bring this up before... but I really need to... really.

IF you can get a refund do it.... nah, that probably isn't an option...

IF you can get a new BC do it... and Ebay it.

Then check out a backplate/wing setup.

Then check out a backplate/wing setup.

Although I have had some problems with my Halcyon wing (if ya wanna read it do a search..another thread) I must say they are the most simple piece of dive gear I have worked on. I have pretty much had the entire thing apart and can put it all back together in a matter of minutes...most repairs are DIY with a couple parts from Halcyon..

Ok, So today I spoke with "Barbara" at Zeagle. (a fine and fun woman..nice on the phone) She now says that they have no record of ever recieving my BC. This is odd as I had a rather lenthy conversation with "veronica" about the awful condition of the item. Frankly, she was holding it in her hand at the time we spoke and even she was shocked by the early failure of such a fine device. Whats up with that? Are the Z-peeps so lame that they cannot even maintain inventory? " All I wanted was a Pepsi, and She would not give it to me!"

" All I wanted was a Pepsi, and She would not give it to me!"

Nice to see someone else listened to good music back in the day...remember Possessed to Skate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom