Zeagle Ranger Design Question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lack of left dumps is only thing I do not like about the Brigade, I would of ordered the Ranger instead if I hadn't assumed that they were both the same. Is there anyway you can add the shoulder and rear dump to an existing brigade?

fishguts:
The lack of left dumps is only thing I do not like about the Brigade, I would of ordered the Ranger instead if I hadn't assumed that they were both the same. Is there anyway you can add the shoulder and rear dump to an existing brigade?

I am aware of no good way to add a dump valve. I have seen people try to add their own, but none of them were successful!!!

ScottZeagle:
We are in process of changing that, too!

:wink:

Never fails. I buy one and a year later it gets changed! :D Guess I lucked out with the dive computer when it took a crap and I got the latest version since they no longer make mine.

Fishguts, that would be right dumps!

L/R well i'm always backwards, I guess I will have to order a zeagle bladder next year. Knowing me, I probalbly had it on backwards:).

crpntr133:
Never fails. I buy one and a year later it gets changed! :D Guess I lucked out with the dive computer when it took a crap and I got the latest version since they no longer make mine.

Fishguts, that would be right dumps!

You know... to be honest here, the need for any bottom dumps has always eluded me. If I'm doing an ascent, then air is expanding, and I need to dump air from the top. If I'm neutral during a dive, then decide to go down deeper, maybe I swim a little head down... but there is no need to dump any air since as I go deeper, the air is compressed, and to stay neutral, I need to add air if anything...

I don't think I've touched a bottom dump twice in my life... So really to me, whether it has 1, 2, none, or 30... doesn't really bother me. But maybe that's just something in the way I dive

http://www.jonnythan.com/pictures/dui_demo_05-05/html/img_2819.html

That was my second doubles dive ever, so I'm a bit out of trim. However, you can see that when I'm flat in the water (rotate your monitor if you have to :wink:) the bottom dump will be significantly higher than the inflator. Even in this pic when i'm 20-30 degrees off kilter the bottom dump is higher than I can get the inflator without going even more vertical.

That's just the way I dive, though :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom