Zeagle Warrenty question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmharley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Was looking at the Zeagle Zena for my g-friend and found it on Leisure Pro for the cheapest price. Now my question is will Zeagle honor the warranty from the factory like they do from Scubatoys? From all of the posts I have read and all the responses I have seen from Scott on here I have been very impressed with the customer support. I am looking at the Stilleto of the Brigade for myself, can't decide at the moment which. Thanks for all the responses in advance.

LeisurePro is not an authorized Zeagle dealer. They offer their "own" warranty, from what I understand....

If you do a search, you may find where the whole LP thing has been covered quite a few times!!!

Thanks,

Scott

ScottZeagle:
LeisurePro is not an authorized Zeagle dealer. They offer their "own" warranty, from what I understand....

If you do a search, you may find where the whole LP thing has been covered quite a few times!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, is it so that manufacturers don't have to answer for warranty claims on their products in the US, if they do not approve of the dealer that sold them to the user?

Here we have laws for that, and since the amateur customer is always in his right against pro's, one can argue with support of the law that products meant to last more than two years, actually can have a warranty issue even up to five years of purchase. Any lesser worthy warranty to unapproved dealers can only come to case after the 5 years, if you top that.

It doesn't matter who sold it. If the dealer is bankrupt, the importer or the producer has to answer for the product on equal terms :D

By the way, why isn't your regs for sale in Norway? I would love to see them and perhaps try them out as well!

Sincerely,

Reidar

My shop: http://www.turut.no/english.htm

Scubatoys will match LP's price and you'll be buying from an authorized Zeagle dealer, so no warranty issues. Give Larry a call.

ScubaToys really does match LPs price. I have tried it many times. There's no reason to order something like a BC from LP when you can get an authorized dealer and warranty for the same price from ScubaToys. Just call em up :)

ive checked scubatoys pricess on a couple of things but Ive never found prices lower than leisure pro . where I live there are plenty of dive shops that will service it. Im looking to buy a zeagle flathead and ive check a few other sites including Scuba Toys but no one beats leisure pro(and its tax free!!).and Im not talking about a few dollars difference.if that was the case I would buy it local.Ive made several purchases from them including a mares MR12 proton thats been working exellent without flaws.

Miami_Diver:
ive checked scubatoys pricess on a couple of things but Ive never found prices lower than leisure pro. where I live there are plenty of dive shops that will service it. Im looking to buy a zeagle flathead and ive check a few other sites but no one beats leisure pro.and Im not talking about a few dollars difference.if that was the case I would buy it local.Ive made several purchases from them including a mares MR12 proton thats been working exellent without flaws.

Yeah but see you're missing the point...

Scubatoys will always match LPs prices. So, LP doesn't have the lowest prices, because ScubaToys will always match them.

Understand that you bought your regulator from an unauthorized dealer and it is not under warranty. I've heard some dodgy stories about where LP gets their gear, and folks have definitely gotten gear that has serial numbers removed, are older models and whatnot. I would never buy a reg or BC or anything big from LP. What's the point when...

Scubatoys will match the price.

What do people not understand about that?

I'm glad you had good luck, but that doesn't mean it makes sense to buy from LP. You could have paid the same amount, gotten better service, a warranty, and cheap regulator servicing forever if you had bought it from ScubaToys. And remember, it would cost the same.

I think ScubaToys, like all authorized dealers, has to post MSRP on their site, but if you call them, they can always do better.

I can't understand why LP is still in business, except that people really don't seem to understand the concept that ST will match LPs prices. It's strange to me...

I've never found a case where Scuba Toys hasn't either matched or done better than LP. If I don't buy stuff at my LDS, Scuba Toys gets my business, period. Not only do I appreciate their prices, but their customer service is AMAZING!! Tell me that last time that LP sent 2 BCs so you could try the one that fits and send the other back??

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Yeah but see you're missing the point...

Scubatoys will always match LPs prices. So, LP doesn't have the lowest prices, because ScubaToys will always match them.

Is this ALWAYS True? I'm not sure ScubaToys would make that statement as they are in this to make a profit, and I'm not sure that they always can match LP prices. I do think however for a Zeagle BCD purchase, it's foolish NOT to purchase from ScubaToys vs. Leisurepro.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Understand that you bought your regulator from an unauthorized dealer and it is not under warranty. I've heard some dodgy stories about where LP gets their gear, and folks have definitely gotten gear that has serial numbers removed, are older models and whatnot. I would never buy a reg or BC or anything big from LP. What's the point when...

Scubatoys will match the price.

What do people not understand about that?

LP carries more selection than ScubaToys. As for serial numbers removed and older models, IMO you stories maybe just that...stories. I have NOT purchased a Reg or BC from LP, but I, and other divers I know have purchased a LOT of gear from LP, and I've never seen or heard first hand of things like you mention.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
I can't understand why LP is still in business, except that people really don't seem to understand the concept that ST will match LPs prices. It's strange to me...

LP is in business because they have provided quality retail service at a price point that was unheard of in the industry. LP maybe you best friend, because they set the lowball standard for pricing. Heck, I'm betting that they keep many LDS's a float because THAT my friend is where they get the bulk of thier gear.

I do agree however the ScubaToys is your FIRST choice when it comes to purchasing. If they don't carry what you are looking for, or are unwilling to come close to the LP price THEN consider other options.

jsmharley:
Was looking at the Zeagle Zena for my g-friend and found it on Leisure Pro for the cheapest price. Now my question is will Zeagle honor the warranty from the factory like they do from Scubatoys? From all of the posts I have read and all the responses I have seen from Scott on here I have been very impressed with the customer support. I am looking at the Stilleto of the Brigade for myself, can't decide at the moment which. Thanks for all the responses in advance.

Call Larry at ScubaToys, he will hook you up!! As for the Brigade, it's a ScubaToys exclusive, so LP will NOT carry the Brigade.

As for Brigade vs. Stilleto, though choice. I like the harness better on the Brigade, but those who dive the Stilleto really like it....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom