Zipper on wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomoreno

Reaction score
Could anyone share me your experience on putting a zipper for your wetsuit? Basically, I am interested in learning how serious the potential leak problem may be. Would it cut short the life of the weisuit from a long term perspective?

Thanks a lot!

I had a below the knee zipper added to my new Liquid Fit suit. There is about a three inch flap behind the zipper to eliminate leakage and increase comfort. I'm sure that adding a zipper will not cut down on the longevity of the suit. For one thing, I surely do not have to struggle to get into this suit. Just step in and zip it down. Love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not opt for the wrist zippers. Kinda wish I did.

My son also has a Liquid Fit suit with zippers in the sleeves and ankles. He loves his suit because of the ease of donning and doffing. He will wait for me to get suited up before he slips his suit on and zips up. I have a ScubaPro S-Tek 7 mill with zippers in the sleeve and ankle and if I didn't have such trouble wrestling the suit up on my arms I think the zippers would make it easier to don and doff. I will try to rectify this with a lyrca dive skin.

Mitten Diver

Back
Top Bottom