Zipper replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lomie

Registered
Reaction score
You won't find any more of a cheapskate than me! A friend of mine was diving in his Atlan suit when the zipper failed and he had a hard time getting out of his suit. He immediately went and bought a new suit and gave me his broken one. Ironically, my cousin had an Atlan that was junk but replaced the zipper last year. He just bought a new suit and gave me the one with the new zipper. I now have two suits that, if I take the new zipper from one and put in the other, I can make 1 good suit out of. How should I remove the first zipper and what glue should I use to install it?

Take it to some one (your local dive shop) that knows what they are doing. It's a lot less of a head ache to get it done correctly the first time (and cheaper) then to do it wrong and have to get the work done over again, by some one that knows the right way to install a zipper. You are still further ahead of the game paying to get the zip put in as you got it for nothing anyway.

Superior Drysuit Repair wll replace a zipper for $235. I'd just send the suit with the broken zipper to them and not mess with trying to swap zippers.

Lomie:
You won't find any more of a cheapskate than me! A friend of mine was diving in his Atlan suit when the zipper failed and he had a hard time getting out of his suit. He immediately went and bought a new suit and gave me his broken one. Ironically, my cousin had an Atlan that was junk but replaced the zipper last year. He just bought a new suit and gave me the one with the new zipper. I now have two suits that, if I take the new zipper from one and put in the other, I can make 1 good suit out of. How should I remove the first zipper and what glue should I use to install it?

Where are you located? I just had my zipper replaced for $160 completed in 48 hours. The zipper is not something you should try to do on your own in my opinion.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom