http://www.diveheart.org/

Please Post Reports of Matt's Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot tell you how much I would have loved going diving this week. Unfortunately, forces have conspired to chain me to my desk. I guess I will have to dive vicariously through Matt. Will someone who is witnessing this wonderful event take the time to post reports, a picture or two, or even a video if available?

We love you Matt. Have a blast this week.

---Bob

Bob,

Matt was so looking forward meeting you. We all went out to dinner last night and are watching the weather in hopes it will calm down by tomorrow for a dive. We can't do this if the seas are more than 1', but we have other activities that will keep us busy.

Today we're having a cook out at noon over at Matt's condo, then this afternoon we're all going to load up in the RVII and go watch the sun set out in the bay. We'll then come back and do dinner at one of the many local seafood places.

Tomorrow we're hoping to do a dive, if not then we'll head up to Jules and get wet.

Wednesday Matt's got a date with some Dolphins at Dolphins Island Care.

And of course a lot time just hanging out and talking diving with Matt.

I'll post more and put some pics up as they come in.

Good Diving,

Here's a few pictures from today...

DSC_00023.JPG

DSC_00084.JPG

DSC_00093.JPG

sarah_susan_matt.jpg

DSC_00211.JPG

Wow, it looks like a good time and an all-star cruise. Matt goes to Florida and look who shows up. :wink: I wish I could be there.

Be sure to stop by the Waffle House and get some scattered, covered, smothered for me!

HowardE: Great shots!! I especially love the fact that Moonie was able to make the trip! I want more reports!

Matt: There are many of us that have joined your trip in spirt even though we cannot be there personally. Have a blast, my friend!

---Bob

Just a reminder: I would love an update as to Matt's adventure. If anyone wants to jump into this thread to comment or wish Matt well, feel free.

Matt: From me and Lynne, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

---Bob

Here's a few from Yesterday's dolphin encounter at Island Dolphin Care. Either me or Michelle will try to write a full report about what an amazing place Island Dolphin Care is, but for now, here's a few pics... I'm exhausted, and just got back to Fort Lauderdale, after a few amazing days with Matt, his family, and extended family. What a great crew and great time!

matt_with_dolphins_2.jpg

matt_with_dolphins.jpg

dolphin_kisses_matt.jpg

These are from Tuesday -

mattdives.jpg

matts_crew_2.jpg

There are a few more here - http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/2733 and I'll be posting more over the next few days. We also shot video, also John Chatterton and Jill Heinerth took photos as well, which we should be able to get our hands on too :)

Jill Heinerth posted some photos at the Photos of Matt Key Largo 2007 thread. Including THE DIVE!
Thanks to HowardE and all the new friends we made at ScubaBoard.
Jill and Robert

Thanks to Jill and Howard for posting some of the pics from the trip. You both took some really neat pics. I am so glad that you both were able to join me on this trip. A special thanks to Robert (Jill's Husband) for filming me.

Most of all I want to thank my great friend Gary for getting everything organized to get me to Florida, and to my dive team Frank, Drew, Beth and my Dad Charlee, my special friend John Chatterton, and Susan Long. Thanks to all of you for making this trip so special for me.

Thanks to all my friends on scuba board for your support.

I will be posting a blog about my trip and some pics in a couple of days after I recover.

Thanks again to all of you,

Safe diving,

Matt

Back
Top Bottom