50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I'm going to have to take another look at this forum. When it started I thought it was going to be for old divers; at least chronologically, old. But, it looks like it turned out to be a forum more for the adolescents than the mature. :)

I see two people here who could be considered to be at the threshold of getting old. Those are the only two people who are older now than I was when I started scuba.

Oh well.....

Oh a motto: Getting Old Isn't For Sissies!

Another: To keep in shape work out with a bunch of Stryker folks getting ready to go back to Iraq. As they say: Age and Treachery wins; most of the time.

We go to Colorado all the time but never think of diving there.
Have you checked out the Rocky Mountain Oysters forum yet?

Lafayette, La
Dive FIBR in Roatan, Key Largo, Cozmel, Belize, Seychelles, Bora Bora, Destin, Fl., Grand Cayman.
Haven't found favorite dive shop, but favorite operator is RainbowReef in Key Largo and FIBR in Roatan

Where do you live? Sebastopol, CA
Where do you dive? Calif. North Coast and Monterey (annual - I hope - vacation in Hawaii)
Favorite dive shop? Pinnacles, Novato and ScubaToys, WorldWideWeb
Current certification? PADI AOW

60 years young
Margarita Island, Venezuela
Have dove the waters of California, Mexico, Thailand, Micronesia and now the Caribbean.
3000 dives plus
Highest recreational certification attained - SSI Master Diver
Current professional certification - PADI Assistant Instructor
Favorite diveshop, ours of course, "Enomis Divers"

Gee I guess I might not be the oldest around. 62, started diving last summer, primarily local quarry in Kankakee IL. Did get in a couple of dives in Cancun last fall..

Nope, your not! I saw another that has me by a year. I will be 66 in July. I have been diving since the 60's.

Where do you live? The Villages, Fla and Northern Wisconsin
Where do you dive? Fla springs, Aruba, South Fla, Carribean
Favorite dive shop? Do not really have a favorite
Current certification? AOW with VooDoo Geezer Gas

Nope, your not! I saw another that has me by a year. I will be 66 in July. I have been diving since the 60's.

Where do you live? The Villages, Fla and Northern Wisconsin
Where do you dive? Fla springs, Aruba, South Fla, Carribean
Favorite dive shop? Do not really have a favorite
Current certification? AOW with VooDoo Geezer Gas

Are you a part of the Scuba Club there? Their meeting last December when I visited was impressive. I'd like to get back down there to do some diving. But, the trips I saw on their emails just didn't include enough diving to justify the expense.

From your profile you seem to be a snowbird type. How is the diving in Wisconsin?

By the was I know multiple active divers in their late 60's and early 70's.

Where do you live?

Round Rock, Texas

Where do you dive?

Lately just the local lake (Travis) and other waterholes nearby. Optimistic about Coz this year though.

Favorite dive shop?

Don't get me started on dive shops.

Current certification?

Still pay my PADI dues OWSI (inactive)

I am 73 and have been diving for 27 years and have over 1300 dives under my weight belt. I have been to the Galapagos, Coco Island, Palau, Yap, Fiji and most of the dive islands in the Caribbean. I now dive exclusively at Cozumel about twice a year. I will be diving with Paradise Divers in the fast boats from May 15 to 21 out of Hotel Cozumel. When I began diving i was the youngest guy on the boat--guess what--now I am the oldest ! Stay in shape, exercise and keep diving ! The Professor.

Where do you live?
Southern Maine

Where do you dive?
Southern Maine, New Hampshire ocean and fresh.
Anyplace else I can manage a trip to so far that means Florida springs, Bonaire and Ohio

Favorite dive shop?
Hey, it's a small world up here. I patronize them all but frequent one.

Current certification?
This one always confuses me...
AOW/Rescue/Nitrox I guess since none is predicated on the other.
Did I mention Ice Diver?

Back
Top Bottom