Suggestion on Flight from Curacao to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avalpert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking forward to my first dive trip to Bonaire in November.

I'm traveling to Bonaire via Curacao on Air Jamaica. The flight is scheduled to get in on a Tuesday at 3:10 and I am curious which flight from Curacao I should book. The options seem to be the 3:30 divi flight if I'm insane, the 4:15 DAE flight for $57, the 4:45 insel air flight for $71 or the 5:00 divi flight for $55.

Any recommendation on which connection makes the most sense, I would like to get in as early as I can but I don't want to miss a flight.

Thanks,
Avi

I'm looking forward to my first dive trip to Bonaire in November.

I'm traveling to Bonaire via Curacao on Air Jamaica. The flight is scheduled to get in on a Tuesday at 3:10 and I am curious which flight from Curacao I should book. The options seem to be the 3:30 divi flight if I'm insane, the 4:15 DAE flight for $57, the 4:45 insel air flight for $71 or the 5:00 Divi flight for $55.

Any recommendation on which connection makes the most sense, I would like to get in as early as I can but I don't want to miss a flight.

Thanks,
Avi

I would take the 5:00 PM Divi-Divi flight. I believe this is the last flight of the day so make sure your luggage makes it on the plane. The Divi-Divi aircraft are small and sometimes you luggage ends up on the next flight.

Not sure what day you're flying but during the week anyway there's at least one later (8:10PM?) DAE flight. Much bigger plane so no luggage issues.

It's a pretty small airport and we had our bags almost immediately. (Mostly full AA flight) So I think you'd be fine with the 4:15 DAE.

Not sure you could get your bags in the morning from Divi early enough to have your gear for the 9AM BMP orientation dive if they had to send your luggage on the first flight the next day - I've read that happens occasionally.

my .02

Not sure what day you're flying but during the week anyway there's at least one later (8:10PM?) DAE flight. Much bigger plane so no luggage issues.

It's a pretty small airport and we had our bags almost immediately. (Most full AA flight) So I think you'd be fine with the 4:15 DAE.

Not sure you could get your bags in the morning from Divi early enough to have your gear for the 9AM BMP orientation dive if they had to send your luggage on the first flight the next day - I've read that happens occasionally.

my .02

The last DAE flight is at 10:30pm most week days, that's the flight I have booked in a couple of weeks.

You may want to get a hold of Divi and see if you can book a later flight but standby an early one if you get there in time. I wouldn't be suprised if they let you do that if a flight has room once you get there and check in.

There is actually a new alternative!!!! EZ Air flies a plane similar to Divi and it MUCH CHEAPER. They have a 5:30 I think from Curacao. Ed and I are going to Curacao for shopping on 2 September and the round trip is costing us NAF 140,00 round trip, which comes out to about $75.00 RT. www.fly-ezair.com Their website is still under construction, but they have an email link.

Liz

My round trip on Divi in July was $86 USD.

I made reservations in February and did not get the time I wanted. We had to wait four extra hours in the Curacao airport.

We also LOVE Divi, but they are ALWAYS booked! It is really hard to get a flight with them for high season. You can try, but EZ would be an alternative if they are booked.

Liz

My first vote is always for Divi -- they have always treated me well and been 100% reliable.

Back
Top Bottom