Canon WP-V1 Housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba -

Do you use the UW filter AND the manual white balance together? Is there any specific type you recommend? Thanks for the tip. I also sent you a PM in regards to Indonesia.

Yes, I use the filter and MWB together. UR pro is the industry standard UW filter. You can buy from them direct or through one of the housing mfrs like Ikelite.

With the WP-V1 housing, most likely the filter will have to go over the housing port.

I received my WP-V1 housing and got the instructions for setting the underwater mode.

The instructions are a Japanese cluster ******.

HF200
remove SD card
set to "video" mode
turn on camera
make sure you are in menu/settings mode
move joystick to the right so you are under the "photo" icon
press photo snap, photo, and the start/stop button on the back of the camera body (not on the screen) all at once.
A new screen will pop-up
click yes and then "set"
the camera will turn off
reset the date and time
you only need do this once.

Nice clip. Better than I was expecting. Was this 2 different dives or 2 different depths ? There is a dramatic change in color 1/2 way through. Did you use a filter ?

1st Dive. The Rodeo 25. 125fsw. Internal "underwater" setting (filter) and UV filter.
2nd Dive. The Pompano Drop-Off "The Nursery" 20fsw same camera settings.

Ambient light for this clip.

Other footage used the UK Light Canon 100 w/o light diffuser.

The other footage is spectacular!

Hi, just picked up my new HF200 and WP-V1 and thought i could add to this thread as know one has mentioned the remote, it can operate all of the functions of the camera, including manual white balance and fits(works) on the left side of the housing pointing at the screen.
I think it would be pretty easy to make it waterproof and mount it on the side. I'm thinking to vacuum pack the remote and double sided tape it to the housing, do you think this could work and has anybody tried this before?
Another question i have is UR Pro have plastic and glass filters which is better and why?
Conchchowder is there a reason you use a uv filter under water and what diference does it make?

Hi, just picked up my new HF200 and WP-V1 and thought i could add to this thread as know one has mentioned the remote, it can operate all of the functions of the camera, including manual white balance and fits(works) on the left side of the housing pointing at the screen.
I think it would be pretty easy to make it waterproof and mount it on the side. I'm thinking to vacuum pack the remote and double sided tape it to the housing, do you think this could work and has anybody tried this before?
Another question i have is UR Pro have plastic and glass filters which is better and why?
Conchchowder is there a reason you use a uv filter under water and what diference does it make?

It is a secondary lens cap. It NEVER comes off.

When you vacuum pack, realize depth plus vacuum equals all the buttons pressed at once

Hi! Did anyone tried wideangle /inon uwl 100/ I have a JVC Everio with the JVC housing for 1,5 years, it works with the URPRO filters pretty good, the only problem is the FOV : it's very little. I tried the UWL 100, got big FOV, with the outer 25% blurred. On the WP-W1 I saw screws in the port. Maybe that means that you can change the flat port to a dome???
As for precipitation: just use a moisturemuncher, and there will be no fog in the housing ever!

Back
Top Bottom