Getting rid of the EOS swivel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would rather have heard "we could not manufacture an adapter that met our strict quality control standards" or some other BS line than to simply be ignored. Either way, my Hollis reg is going to be put aside and either be sold or used for a stage bottle way down the line when I need one.

I'm also curious about this. I'm very happy with my reg but I want to put a longer Miflex hose on it.

So, any update on that adapter?

I think what the Hollis fellows said is they just aren't selling second stages with the swivel anymore, I'm sure for this precise reason. Since they were just using the same stuff from Oceanic/EOS (which borrowed it from Atomic), I don't take that as a bad sign that there won't be an Oceanic/EOS adapter.

As for the Atomic -- its the same thing, but what's needed is the opposite kind of adapter, to put a regular hose on a swivel 2d, not a swivel hose on a regular 2d!

Hi Guys, I just got back from the Oceanic/Aeris/Hollis reg tech seminar, and asked this question while I was there. If you can get a Hollis dealer to order it for you, you need part # 27097 "non swivel valve housing". This will replace the valve housing in your EOS, which requires full dissassembly of the second stage, but it will allow the use of standard hoses. I was informed by the guy running the seminar, that he has suggested that part also be listed as an Oceanic part #, but didn't know if or when it would be offered.

Cheers,
Jim

Anybody tried this part yet? I am going to put an order in and see if it works...so far nothing else has.

I have one on order. I assure you it will work after being at the Oceanic and Hollis tech seminars. The only question is whether or not Hollis have any of this part available.

I've sent the information to my repair shop and will be trying it as soon as I hear back that he can get the part and thinks it will work.

My reg needs to be serviced anyway because it decided to freeflow on an ice dive. My buddy had a long hose and we did a shared air ascent. After doing that once with the extra room to deal with the problem offered by the long hose, I don't want to dive any other way. If this doesn't work, I'm selling the reg and moving to a different brand.

Oceanic EOS, no swivel, on a 7ft hose!!! Thanks to all, especially Jimmer for the info...
NB Scubapro lock nut :D

photo110.jpg

photo20.jpg

Nice! Someone finally does it right after I decide to buy new regs - bummer.

Is your transmitter on a hose? Why?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom