Bonaire Departure Tax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know how far in advance you can pay the departure tax at the airport? Is it possible to buy it the day you arrive since you're at the airport anyway? TIA

I have read of people stopping by the airport to buy it when it's convenient.

If you have a late arrival (AA from SJU) the window may be closed as yours could be the only flight that night.

Just buy it before you check-in and go through to the gate. I think you can actually check-in with the airline without it but we've never tried.

$32 now, cash/debit/credit. But they don't take American Express..sounds like a commercial. LOL

We always suggest to our guests to get it the night before they leave. The window stays open until around 9pm or so. It opens in the morning at 5am.

We bought it when we arrived. The booth was open and it only took a minute or so because there were no departures at the time. The coupons are not date stamped. Just hand over the money and get the coupon. Put it in your passport and lock the passport away in the safe when you get to your room.

No hassle.

Last Saturday they required pay tax after registration only with boarding pass in hands.

Did you try to go get it different day? Or was this in the hassle of planes leaving?

We got it during the week in quiet time in April, no problems.

Our experience (Jan 2007) was to buy it mid-week while we were near the airport
for some other reason. No problem, and it makes for one less concern and possible
delay at departure time.

I made a mental note for next trip to buy it on arrival if possible. As already pointed out,
just put it in your passport; if you lose that, the lost $32 won't even be noticed.

Thanks everyone. I think we'll try to buy it when we arrive and see if that works. If not, we'll sneak over to the airport sometime during our stay now that we know they aren't date stamped. :D

Did you try to go get it different day? Or was this in the hassle of planes leaving?

We got it during the week in quiet time in April, no problems.
I didn't and it were two planes leaving - KLM and AirJamaica. That's may be a reason. Anyway, paying tax didn't take any time - line to check tickets did.
But thanks everyone, paying on arrival may be a good idea. Will try next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom