Beware Sunset Waters Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

llray35

Reaction score
I just wanted to let people know that Sunset Waters Beach Resort is experiencing financial difficulties and is closed to future guests at this time. They have a court date tomorrow (July 17th, 2009). My family belongs to a scuba club that made arrangements through Dream Weaver Travel to go to Curacao July 18-25 to stay with Sunset Waters Beach Resort and to dive with Sunset Divers. We have been told that at this time Sunset Divers will not honor our reservations because Sunset Waters has not paid them. We therefore have airline tickets but no place to stay or dive unless we wish to pay again. Please be aware. Please purchase travel insurance for your trip. A number of our group has now lost a lot of money and there does not seem to be any hope for financial recovery of any monies paid.

That is awful! If you paid with a credit card you should be able to recover those loses. Either way it is unfortunate seeing that you are supposed to leave in a couple of days. I hope something comes through for you.

Email me, curacaosunshine@gmail.com We have guests leaving tomorrow (18th) if you'd like to try Westpunt, we can see if we can work something out. Ocean Encounters West is a third of a mile down the street. We have 3 bedrooms. I don't know about availability at All West, Andreas will probably post as well. At least the flight wasn't canceled :wink:
Sunshine
Curacao Sunshine - Rental Property on the Island of Curacao

Oh, that's too bad. We were there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. The resort was a bit dated but clean and comfortable, and Sunset Divers was great. As I remember, the resort was struggling a bit even then but they were still trying to turn things around.

This is Steve at Dream Weaver Travel; we are so very sorry for the terrible situation Sunset Waters financial difficulties have created for our clients. We have been working non stop to try to find a reasonable solution but Sunset waters has been awarded a moratorium by the courts and they have no money to continue operations or refund to pre-paid clients. We have negotiated with Delta Airlines to get a partial credit on otherwise non-refundable air tickets if the clients cancel. If they chose to go to Curacao anyway they can use their tickets and with the help of Ocean Encounters, we have offered them a comparable land package at Breezes. For those that purchased travel insurance we will do everything in our power to help them recover any losses. For those with out insurance we will peruse what ever options we have through the courts to try to get their money back for them. In over 26 years of selling dive travel I have never encountered a situation like this. It is just an awful situation for everyone involved.

Wow that is rotten.....Hope you used a CC....I love Curacao and would go back immediately if I could.

I hope for the best and thnx for keeping us updated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom