Save a dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasoncassanova

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
now that I have my xs scuba multi tool what's next in my list of save a dive kit... any suggestions?

Adjustable wrench of good quality. Zip Ties of different sizes. Spare parts, like o-rings, spools, shrader valve fittings, etc. Other tools needed like an inflator tool, valve tool, shrader valve tool, screwdrivers of different kinds, pliers, glues like Aqua Seal and instant, duct tape, dental pick, extra bungee cord, and much more.

There is a ton of stuff that can save a dive trip. There also were some posts in the past that cover the list quit well.

I keep assorted sized O-rings, crescent wrenches, picks, allen wrenches, screwdrivers channel locks, extra mouth pieces, port plugs & markers.

Mask, fin straps, silicone grease, lanyards.

never forget Duck tape

I keep a set of extra hoses with me, as well as a spare spg, in addition to most of the above mentioned items.

i keep batteries,tools,mask/fin straps, aquaseal,defog,zipties, a few long pieces of 550 cord, spare mouthpiece, spare light bulbs, 1st stage port plugs. ect,ect

Had a problem with a second stage on a boat dive one. First dive with the reg after servicing and it would free flow as soon as it touched water and continue to do so. Ever since, I even carry an extra 2nd stage. I also carry extra long hose, standard length LP hose and extra inflator hose. I'm not skipping 3 dives because I have a problem early on the first dive, damn it!! It all fits in my reg bag, though.

I forgot one of the most important tools IP GAUGE!!! It should be used before every day of diving. You will be able to watch as your regs slowly tell you they are in need of service. It could easily keep you from having a bad day underwater too.

A small snap off razor blade knife is nice to have, cigarette lighter, CAVE LINE, multi-meter, your favorite sea sickness meds, ibuprofen, cotol, spare double ender and spare bolt snaps, and of course there are even more things to stock.

Mine which is a save-a-boat-dive-kit also has flares, spark plugs, and a second adjustable wrench.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom