Where to complete my divemaster internship on koh tao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys, Im new to the forum. Im 20 and have made the decision to put finishing university after a few years of work. I want to be able to get my divemasters cert in somewhere around 2 months to 4 months. Im currently looking at Koh Tao as my #1 Gili Trawangan #2. The shops im interested in and have been able to find programs that go from open water to divemaster were mostly in Koh Tao. My question is which shop has a solid reputation, good facilities, and has a package deal from openwater. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Just like any sport, accidents happen and that could just as easily have happened in the States or elsewhere. Also, Im planning on diving for a few years then going into marine conservation research in the US

Just like any sport, accidents happen and that could just as easily have happened in the States or elsewhere. Also, Im planning on diving for a few years then going into marine conservation research in the US

That's a fact. Which is why I'd avoid places that already have a track record of F ups. Good luck to you and safe diving.

In general, a DM cert is only useful as a stepping stone to instructor. (Not always, there are always exceptions - but in general it isn't very useful in itself.) Scientific diving is really much more like tech diving than instructing novices or running discover scuba classes. So I'm still not following how this all fits together.

Have been at Koh Tao two times for some chill-out diving in tropical waters, the two biggest and most popular dive centers is Ban's diving resort (I think they are a PADI center), and Big Blue Diving (they are a SSI center). both offers zero-to-hero programs, I believe. I can't recommend any, since I don't know their training programs or standards, but I am skeptical to zero-to-hero programs on a general basis.

Last edited:
you will be much more employable going to a respected training shop in the US than anywhere in Thailand.

suggestion.... go to a dive destination somewhere you like the sound of, Malaysia for example, spend a bit of time there watching what the staff do every day and then decide how much you want to do it. if you're serious, go back, keep in touch and train in the US, then try and get a job with them or anyone else around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom