Wine & Scuba & Sharks oh my

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zenshift

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I may be lazy, and I apologize, but instead of trying to consolidate info I wanted to post a simple (but three part) question:

When would the best time of year be to:

1) dive with 'normal' sharks (not nurse, but lemon, ragged tooth, reef, etc) on the warm side of the cape
2) cage dive Great Whites
3) drink wine

Flying from the U.S. is some cash, so we're hoping to spend 2 weeks accomplishing all three of the above. Your coordinated help is greatly appreciated. :confused:

You can do part 3 any time :drunks:

For Cape Town you can dive with Sevengill Cowsharks just about anytime, the better months are probably from May to November.

Not too sure on the Caged Whites at Gansbaai - will find out for you. It can be done as a day trip.
Chris Fallows also runs trips to Seal Island in Winter (April to October) where you may be able to see breaching Great Whites a la "Air Jaws"

As mentioned, wine can be drunk anytime :)

Just a heads up - the "warm side" usually means from around 12 deg C to 15deg C.

Try to keep to your schedule flexible, water conditions can vary so you may need to be ready to dive whenever they allow.

Contact mike@piscesdivers.co.za to help with the shark diving.
He may even have contacts for a wine tour, but personally I would rather hire a car and drive myself.

There are soooo many wine farms to choose from ..........

Hope this helps, if not feel free to ask more.

Some Sevengill pics - the top 3 rows ....

Sharks & Rays - a set on Flickr

Nice pics Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom