Tanzania - good for a mixed experienced group?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heehee62

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think Tanzania is the right vacation choice for us? Can the experienced divers just go on a separate boat or something so they aren't held back by the beginners? Which parts of Tanzania would you recommend we dive at (have only 1 week for diving part of trip)?

We've got about 7 people going that range from just got their PADI license to a fair amount of experience.

The beginners understand they will be missing out on some great dive sites cause of their experience level. They are ok with that UNLESS they'll be missing out on something they can't get anywhere else in the world because of their skill level. They'll never return to Tanzania again so if they'd be better off waiting until they are more experienced (in order not to miss the unique opportunity), they'd pick a different location for our next vacation.

I think the experienced divers should be happy so long as they can separate from the beginners if needed.

Thanks.

Check out the East Coast. The fringing reef starts at about a 5 meter depth until 16 meters or so. I have seen the healthiest coral structures I have ever seen at sites such as Cuipis. Rising Sun Dive Center handily accommodates mixed groups. You can opt for two boats or sites such as Makanda where the advanced group gets dropped at 30m and the beginners on the fringing reef. Do not miss this hidden gem. I used to work at Rising Sun and can say some of the best macro/coral diving I have done in my life and I have not even mentioned the dolphins.

Hi Dive-Gypsy - a bit of a "hi-jack" here but in June which part of Zanzibar would you recommend?
I'm a South African looking to do a trip then end of June and I'm still on a "toss-up" between a Red Sea liveaboard or coming to Zanzibar instead...
Being from SA my budget isn't huge.
Thanks
Edit to add:
I'm a female travelling alone and my main aim is diving and relaxing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom