Question re: New Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthSideScubaSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got a new Suunto Cobra (at least it's new for me) and I'm wondering if there is a way to delete/remove all of the dives loged by the previous owner??

I already reset the "max depth to zero" and I "ignored" all of the logged dives in Dive Manager (v3.1.0), but I'd really like to just get rid of them, that way it doesn't ahve to "Read" them all every time I go to download my dives ....

Thanks in advance!
SSSSteve

Yes. You need the download kit. Patch cord and driver. Once installed, download and erase history. Not sure what tab it's under but you'll find it.. It's on the manual that comes with the download kit.

Yeah, I've got a cord & downloaded Dive Manager 3.1.0; I don't have a download manual. That said, the only option I can find that effected the computer itself was the "reset max depth to zero" option on the on the "Dive Computer Settings" menu in DM3

I guess what I'm wondering is if there is a "reset" sequence on the computer itself (to return it to factory settings & clear memory)

To my knowledge, there is no way to 'erase' the dives on the cobra other than diving a lot and cycling through the older dives. You could check with Suunto, but I believe I saw that answer somewhere here on the board. Congrats on your purchase, I loved mine and just switched to a Cobra 3

The Answer to your question is no. there is no way to officially delete dives on a Cobra. Now if someone has come up with a way to do it thru their own programs or software that is something that is not supported by Suunto. You do so at your own risk. IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom