Looking for new BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nrsj1

New
Reaction score
I have been looking at scubapro Ladyhawk - I tried it on in store and like the feel, but can find no reviews on this BCD. Anyone tried this out yet - the knighthawk is for men - I would even like input on this if no ladyhawk users. thanks

I do not own a nighthawk but dove it 4 times in the carolinas and I really enjoyed it. I am looking at a ladyhawk for my girlfriend.

Have had it for 3+ years, and love it. I have about 150 dives in it. I divemaster and have used it in the pool as well as for travel so its had its share of chlorine and saltwater abuse and still works wonderfully.

My only complaint with it has been this. The Knighthawk, has all stainless D-rings, where the Ladyhawke has plastic D-rings on the bottom of the BC. IMO they fold under and are hard to use with gloves on, as are required in the Northern Il area I dive most frequently. Also, there aren't tons of pockets and/or D-rings, so if you carry alot of accessories, you have to get rather creative.

Those are issues I've looked at as challenges rather than major problems. My main focus has been whether the product holds up over time or not, and it definitely has. It is also extremely comfortable.

Good luck in your decision.

Julie

PS- I also have a DiveRite Transpac. I use that when my daughter dives with me. She wears my Ladyhawk and I wear the Transpac. She likes my Ladyhawk better so I let her use it. I am just so used to the Ladyhawk, that its my first choice as well.

This is the Intros forum but you may try the Buoyancy Compensators forum, or - this may be moved there...?

Glad you have joined us. PM me if I can help you find your way thru the Matrix...

:cowboy: don

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

ScubaPro's Hawk series are Awesome!!! I currently dive a KnightHawk and wouldn't buy anything else.

On of the Employees at the Dive Shop I work at has a LadyHawk and she Loves it as well. Its a Great Product in my opinion! And if it fits you, then I would definatly get it! Its worth the Money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom