Weighting 3mm Ocean vs. 7mm Fresh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to hear from those who have done 7mm fresh, and 3mm in salt what weight you are using for both.

I've never drove my 3mm or in the ocean and want to try and get a feel for what weighting I'll need based on what I dive fresh.

I'm going to try and get to the pool with my 3mm and gear before we head out on vacation so I can get an empty tank, and see what it takes to sink, but I've got a busy week ahead and may not get there.

Thanks,

I dive a 3mm suit in salt water routinely. Wear both gloves and booties. Use 9 lbs of weight. 6 lbs in form of BP w/ single tank adapter and 3lb in trim pockets.

Forgot to add that I dive PST E-7 Steel tanks - both 120 and 100cf. If I dive AL 80 I add 4lbs on average...

VinceDS:
I dive a 3mm suit in salt water routinely. Wear both gloves and booties. Use 9 lbs of weight. 6 lbs in form of BP w/ single tank adapter and 3lb in trim pockets.

Thanks for the reply, but what I'm really looking for here is the difference in weight people use between 3mm Salt, and 7mm fresh.

If I end up in the ocean without having the opportunity to do a weight check in the pool (fresh) with my 3mm I'm just wondering what the difference is for most as a starting point.

I guess another way to judge this is what do you use for weight in a 3mm fresh vs. 7mm fresh?

3mm in salt, I wear 12 lbs. 7mm one piece fresh, I wear 16 lbs. I'm 6'1", 180, and use a Zeagle Brigade.

3mm fresh I wear 8 lbs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom