Anyone interested in taking the GUE dir fundamentals course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
there will be local GUE (global underwater explorers) dir fundamentals courses for those who are intrested let me know. i will be signing up and taking this oppurtunity to enhance my skills!

Spoon:
there will be local GUE (global underwater explorers) dir fundamentals courses for those who are intrested let me know. i will be signing up and taking this oppurtunity to enhance my skills!

In another thread they call them Global Underwater Emphysemas cuz they don't allow smokers in their ranks. I'm not qualified bro cuz I like to smoke. I just read their literature.

Good luck!

Axua:
Is Martin L. the instructor?

yup martin l is the instructor, just had a long chat with him and i already signed up for it. you think its worth it? you know the guy?

clgsamson:
In another thread they call them Global Underwater Emphysemas cuz they don't allow smokers in their ranks. I'm not qualified bro cuz I like to smoke. I just read their literature.

Good luck!

i used to smoke, quit about over a year ago, was a blessing in disguise. i think that taking the gue dir-f will help me a lot, goes hand in hand with the hardcore diving i plan to do in the future:)

i've been interested din pero turned off ako sa almost nazi-esque mindset... at least based on the ones here on the board

i haven't met martin myself but there's a chance batchmate ko siya sa highschool (ask if he's from csa) w/c would mean he'd be a pretty nice guy

also their prescription on gear means i throw a lot of my stuff away... bad juju yun... teach me nalang some of what you learn ha...

Jag

PS
been off smoking for 2 months now... but i've slipped back before and i'm not discounting the possibility of doing again in the future... miss the puffs but not the taste/smell... sigh...

Spoon:
yup martin l is the instructor, just had a long chat with him and i already signed up for it. you think its worth it? you know the guy?

IMHO It is worth it if you believe in it and want to live the GUE-DIR diving style. I don't know him personally buy did attend a DIR-F seminar before.

Spoon:
i used to smoke, quit about over a year ago, was a blessing in disguise. i think that taking the gue dir-f will help me a lot, goes hand in hand with the hardcore diving i plan to do in the future:)

What BC are you currently using? Since your doing the fundies let me know if you decide to sell your current BC :)

Axua:
What BC are you currently using? Since your doing the fundies let me know if you decide to sell your current BC :)

my gear is all dir hehe. im using a halcyon eclipse. been using it since dive one:) better to start right diba?

shugar:
i've been interested din pero turned off ako sa almost nazi-esque mindset... at least based on the ones here on the board

i haven't met martin myself but there's a chance batchmate ko siya sa highschool (ask if he's from csa) w/c would mean he'd be a pretty nice guy

also their prescription on gear means i throw a lot of my stuff away... bad juju yun... teach me nalang some of what you learn ha...

Jag

PS
been off smoking for 2 months now... but i've slipped back before and i'm not discounting the possibility of doing again in the future... miss the puffs but not the taste/smell... sigh...

i kinda like the naziesque regimen, plus i like the way they discipline their divers. preparing them for the worst case scenarios which most certifying agencies dont even bother teaching. im in shape naman so kayang kaya yan. As for my gear im all dir all the way thanks to this board for answering all my gear questions before i purchased.

im scheduled on july 26-28th in puerto gallera. rest assured that i will impart every thing i learned with you guys. bawal lang ang photocopying of course materials:) let you know how it turns out.

martin a really nice guy answered all my questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom