Time for some Freshwater images !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onbelaydave

Reaction score
I got back last week from Lake Geneva, WI where I learned to dive back in '72. I hadn't been back for years so when my mother called to schedule a family reunion I told here to just pick a date and I'd be there. I'd been reading a lot of stuff about the Zebra Mussel invasion clearing the water to like 30-40' vis. Anyway, here's a few of the results from 6 dives over the course of the week. Camera was my Fuji S2, dual Ike SS200 strobes, and lenses were a Nikon 18-35mm zoom,Nikon 60mm macro and my favorite,the Nikon 105 macro.

40010_1121633184_Bluegill-school-WA1.jpg

"The Welcoming Squad "​

40010_1121633184_Crayfish.jpg

"Mini Lobster"​

40010_1121633306_Largemouth-2.jpg

"Largemouth Bass"​

40010_1121633306_Rockbass-closeup2.jpg

"Rock Bass Closeup"​

40010_1121633403_Sunfish-closeup2.jpg

"Pumpkinseed Sunfish Closeup"​

40010_1121633403_Zebra-Mussels-closeup.jpg

"The Infamous Zebra Mussels"​

40010_1121633403_Snail-Closeup.jpg

"Unknown Snail"​

40010_1121633403_Smallmouth-WA.jpg

"Smallmouth Bass"

I have a much larger collection of photo's and a complete trip report HERE

I used to do a lot of boating and fishing on Lake Geneva, WI 25 years ago. I took a lot of "smallies" out of that lake. It was clear then but from your photos it is a lot more clear today. How was the water temp, and boat traffic?

metaldector:
I used to do a lot of boating and fishing on Lake Geneva, WI 25 years ago. I took a lot of "smallies" out of that lake. It was clear then but from your photos it is a lot more clear today. How was the water temp, and boat traffic?

Vis was ~ 25-30'. Don't even ask about the boat traffic !!

Cool, never dove in fresh water. The only place I would submerge myself in fresh water is in my bathtub.
Viz in river/lake over here is probably a couple of inches at best.Never thought of diving in any lake while I lived in Chicago for a number of years, I think I am allergic to cold water :)
I like the first shot very much, look just like an aquarium :) (when the water has not been changed for about a month :D )

Very nice collection.

Very nice, Dave. Looks like cousins to our local fishies. Love the zebra mussels and snail.

Back
Top Bottom