Attention all SB Shooters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm back after a long hiatus and one of the first orders of business is to update our great Everything Photo Sticky!

We need your help with this massive clean-up & update, so please PM me with any of the following - the more information we have the better we can make the Sticky!
- Your ideas and links to essential information on gear: compacts, 4/3s, dslrs, strobes, lenses, accessories
- links to posts here on ScubaBoard showcasing particular gear set ups. Let's link to threads and/or galleries on ScubaBoard, not externals, please - even if you need to create a thread to share.
- Your ideas and links to essential information on techniques & tips
- links to posts here on ScubaBoard showcasing particular techniques. Let's link to threads and/or galleries on ScubaBoard, not externals, please - even if you need to create a thread to share.
- your ideas on what areas need to be covered in the Sticky
- your ideas on what current gear is around and should replace the existing list
- your ideas on anything else you can think of that might be helpful

Happy to be back and can't wait to rebuild the Sticky with you all!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot - does anyone want to have the monthly theme Sticky again? Tell us here in this thread along with your suggestions for themes :)

Thanks for the welcome back! Sadly, no, I wasn't out diving much over the past little while, but I'm hoping 2012 sees me hit the water a lot more!!

Stuff like each mode on a camera like say aperture, manual, shutter etc. what they are used for and when to use them in certain situations.
Strobe positions for wide angle, certain animals, and if using a single strobe. Also white balance while using strobes.
Basics and most useful editing tools like exposure and white balance.
Main cameras and their pros and cons. Also pros and cons of the popular housings, as the range for some housings is very wide.

Anything like that i would benefit greatly from :)

Yes to the monthly theme ... that was always one of my favorite threads on ScubaBoard. Please bring it back.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Update on the new mirrorless systems from Nikon, Olympus, etc. Thread on wet lenses diaopters, etc. Thread on postprocessing. So much to learn for the beginer.

Great ideas, Everyone! Keep 'em coming :)

Victor - we're going to keep everything in one thread (the Everything Photo Thread) and your ideas are great for individual posts, thanks!

Bob - Yay, that's one vote for the montly theme! We also need ideas for the themes (hint hint, guys!)

If anyone has information they'd like to share please send it to me via PM so I can arrange it all and get it into the Sticky properly. I'm only one woman so appreciate those of you who have new systems putting forth your impressions of the kit as I am not going to have time or energy to dig up every offering to put in the list!

Ideas for monthly themes ...

- Facial expressions (anthropomorphizing is always fun)
- What's for lunch? (critters eating things)
- Couples (propogatin' the species)
- Posers (unusual or interesting shots of critters doing things)
- Bugs
- Slugs
- Things that aren't what they seem

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Oh ... and somewhere I'd like to see a discussion on Lightroom. I can't offer much yet, as I'm just learning it ... but it's an amazing tool, and a Lightroom "tips and tricks" discussion would be worthwhile ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ideas for monthly themes ...- Facial expressions (anthropomorphizing is always fun)- What's for lunch? (critters eating things)- Couples (propogatin' the species)- Posers (unusual or interesting shots of critters doing things)- Bugs- Slugs- Things that aren't what they seem... Bob (Grateful Diver)
a few more fun themes:
At the Car Wash (cleaning stations)
Does a fish have lips? (some of those big toothy grins)
The Eyes Have it (close ups of fish eyes & what are fish looking at)
Talk to the Tail (fish butt photos - yeah I seem to get more of these than anything else :D)
The Kindergarten (juvenile stages)
Fans (gorgonias)
The Paparazzi (photos of UW photographers in action :uwphotographer:)

Also pick a color for a theme: All pics featuring anything that is Orange or purple or..., you get the idea

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom