Zeagle Ranger Design Question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just retuned from FL, and did a Lot of diving (18 dives). Overall my equipment worked very well, but on a couple occasions my Ranger trapped air on the right side of the bladder.

As there is a left shoulder dump, and a left rear dump, this causes a bit of a problem has one has to roll, or reach behind and push on the bladder to get the air to the top of the BC from the right side of the wing.

I became rather comfortable doing this, however it brings up the question. Why is there not a dump valve on the right side of the BC top or bottom? With a bigger bladder they WILL trap air, and this is NOT a Zeagle issue, any bladder will do it. But having no dumps on the right side of the BC ensures that one has to sometimes work to get the air in a position that it can be dumped.

IMO having two lower dumps, and one shoulder dump would be ideal.

Granted I am a complete newb, but that's the one thing I liked better about the ScubaPro Knighthawk. The right shoulder dump. Along with your thought, I had another reason for it. That way you could use a octo/inflator and not have to fumble around to release air and breath from it.

Don't get me wrong though, this is not a breaking point for me. I am going to buy a couple of Zeagles tomorrow :)

Actually, newer Rangers do have two lower dumps plus the left shoulder dump.

I purchased my old ranger in 2000 and it has 2 dumps at the base of each wing, plus the oral inflator dump.

I purchased my Ranger used, it's maybe six years old. I've been thinking up putting it on Ebay, and getting a Brigade.. sounds like I have yet another compelling reason to do so.

Glad to see that Zeagle improved on the sometimes annoying dump situation :D

When one must dump, it's nice to have options!

RonFrank:
I purchased my Ranger used, it's maybe six years old. I've been thinking up putting it on Ebay, and getting a Brigade.. sounds like I have yet another compelling reason to do so.

Glad to see that Zeagle improved on the sometimes annoying dump situation :D

When one must dump, it's nice to have options!

Don't get too happy....the Brigade only has one rear dump, bottom left.....

ScottZeagle:
We are in process of changing that, too!

:wink:

Yer KILLING me...LOL. I bought an Escape two months before the Brigade came out, then decided I HAD to have the Brigade. I bought just the harness, and used the bladder from my Escape to make my own. I can change it back and forth if I wanted, but so far I love the Brigade too much to go back to the Escape harness. NOW you're gonna change the bladder up on me, so I'll have to spend ANOTHER couple hundred...I'm gonna have $900 wrapped up in this thing yet....

Oh, heck...I think I'll just wait until you come out with that donut bladder and go the BP/W route.........

ScottZeagle:
We are in process of changing that, too!

:wink:

I'm in no rush, but when are you going to update the Brigade as I really think that is my next BCD. Any chance of a right shoulder dump? :D

Back
Top Bottom