Zeagle Ranger - rear dump valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froschmann

Reaction score
So far it happened to me once during a dive but several times during cleaning the bc that the rear dump valve locks open. After pulling that cord the disc somehow dislocates slightly and does not go back into its propper position but keeping the valve open. It takes several times of pulling the cord in different directions to get it shut again.
Any ideas what goes wrong there and how to fix it? Or is this a common issue? :06:

Not a common problem.

Have you taken the OPV off? If it isn't screwed all the way down, the material around the flange will climb up the threads and keep the cap from screwing down all the way. The cap will appear to be snug, but there will be a good sized gap when you look at it from a side view. I would take a flathead screwdriver and push the material down around the threads, then screw the cap back on tightly. You can either take it back to your local dealer and let them mess with it, or you can do it yourself.

If you are still having problems, drop me a PM or call me at Zeagle and we will go from there...

Scott

Thanks Scott, for your fast reply.
I had taken the OPV apart and put it back together to see if there is any dirt or such but I did not check the material itself. I'll try as you suggest and will get back to you on that.

<edit> P.S. Seems to work the way you said :) Thanks again!

Hi Scott,

I know this is an older post but I am hoping you can direct me. I have a Ranger BCD and some of the velcro closures are beginning to wear out. I need direction in getting these repaired as my local seamstress scares me when I think of her fixing a piece of life support equipment.

Hi Scott,

I know this is an older post but I am hoping you can direct me. I have a Ranger BCD and some of the velcro closures are beginning to wear out. I need direction in getting these repaired as my local seamstress scares me when I think of her fixing a piece of life support equipment.

You can take it to any Zeagle dealer and they can send it in for repair.

If there is no Zeagle dealer near you, call customer service at 813-782-5568 and they will give you an RA# and you can send it yourself. We will check it out let you know what the options are!

Thanks,

Scott

Back
Top Bottom