PNG Photos from last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was on Febrina out of Kavieng, PNG last week along with Eric Cheng and Dave Patchen. Definitely a great trip and one I'd recommend to anyone who hasn't been to PNG. My only complaint was that the captain was relatively new to diving the Kavieng area as they are usually farther south and the dives in the channels could have been timed better to coincide with an incoming tide for more pelagics. However, I'm sure that problem will go away with a little more experience in the area.

By the way, it really sucks to have to compare your photos to those of Eric Cheng (www.echeng.com) every night at dinner. He is truly a great professional underwater photographer. If he weren't such a great guy you'd want to kill him!

Here are a couple of my shots from the week and a link to others:
http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=68

crw_5519a.jpg

crw_5807a.jpg

crw_5824a.jpg

Thanks for all of the kind words. I shoot a Canon digital rebel in a Sea & Sea housing and dual Sea & Sea YS120 strobes. Most shots are with the standard 18-55mm lens that comes with the camera, but I also use a 100mm macro.

Mike, I did manage to make it past the Jessica Alba cover on this month's Scuba Diving magazine to see your photo with the diver and anemone fish. It's a great photo but how could they pass up publishing any one of your outstanding manta images as well!

I enjoyed them thoroughly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom