BP fit problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was fitting a gal for a BP/harness the other day and I ran into a problem that I haven't encountered before...thought I'd ask if you guys/gals have seen this and what would you suggest as a remmedy.

BP was a standard OMS plate...I rigged it in the standard Hog manner...adjusted fit so that she could touch the top of the plate with her hand, etc. She went diving for the weekend...in a 3 mil...and came back complaining that the shoulder straps were digging into her arms.

I rechecked the fit...it looked good. But sure enough the outside edge of the shoulder straps on the front of the chest just below the D-rings were pushing into her upper arms...about where the deltoids overlap the biceps just anterior to the axilla...enough so that she had marks in the skin from her recent diving. This gal has very large breasts and perhaps the straps were being pushed a bit laterally...more than on most folks anyways. Any ideas on how to fix this? Anyone run into this before?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Ash:
I was fitting a gal for a BP/harness the other day and I ran into a problem that I haven't encountered before...thought I'd ask if you guys/gals have seen this and what would you suggest as a remmedy.

BP was a standard OMS plate...I rigged it in the standard Hog manner...adjusted fit so that she could touch the top of the plate with her hand, etc. She went diving for the weekend...in a 3 mil...and came back complaining that the shoulder straps were digging into her arms.

I rechecked the fit...it looked good. But sure enough the outside edge of the shoulder straps on the front of the chest just below the D-rings were pushing into her upper arms...about where the deltoids overlap the biceps just anterior to the axilla...enough so that she had marks in the skin from her recent diving. This gal has very large breasts and perhaps the straps were being pushed a bit laterally...more than on most folks anyways. Any ideas on how to fix this? Anyone run into this before?

Thanks,
Stephen

She sounds like a good candidate for crossed shoulder straps. If you have never done this before, just take the strap from behind her right shoulder and lace it through the waist slots on her left hip and take the strap from behind her left shoulder and thread it through the slots on her right hip. This will need an extra bit of webbing so I hope you did not cut the webbing short when you first threaded the plate. When she puts on the harness the straps cross behind her neck. You will of course need to reposition the D-rings.

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom