trouble with my Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coconutgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I have a scuba pro knighthawk. It is in terrific condition, probably done 20 dives adn well maintained. Just got it back from it's yearly check up and service on the Air 2. Took it in the pool (working on my rescue diver cert) and had trouble with the low pressure inflator. It stuck in the open position and continually let the air out of my BC. After working the button a few dozen times, it seems to be working again. I am concerned that it is not trustworthy to dive with and will send it back in for a re-repair. Anyone have any experiences like this?
Need Advise. You guys and gals are always so helpful. Just in case no one told you today, I appreciate you.
Coconut Girl

Take it back in and have it checked out. I had this problem last year when my BC was serviced except that it kept inflating. Didn't fix it still - said they found nothing wrong so I ended up diving unhooked and I'm real good at auto inflating now! Finally fussed enough until they replaced the inflater entirely.

Take it back to the shop. Thats a dangerous situation. Sometimes I wonder if BC servicing is overated I just don't know that answer. I've seen a few problems mainly do to improper servicing.

I will be sending it back on Monday. I hope that they can figure out what happened to it so that I know that they can get it in working order again. I am just glad that it had it's little problem in the pool. Much better than a dive. We just happened to be practicing some rescue diver techniques when the thing failed.
We are headed to Cozumel after Christmas and I want to make sure I am safe to go, if you know what I mean!
Coconut Girl

My knighthawk is almost 3 years old. I have had it serviced on time since I got it. I have scuba.com do the service work on it. I hand carry it in - never shipped.
Hope yours doesnt have a problem. My husband ahs the same model and his is fine.
Coconut Girl

Do you have an AIR ll or a power inflator? Is it rinsed thourally (sp) in fresh water after you use it? We get a lot in for service that are corroded from not being taken care of. They need to be serviced annually. Your dealer should be taking care of this. If not you should call Scubapro.

When you bring it in ask if they can check it while you are there and watch them do it.

I have an air II, and it malfunctioned in the open position which kept deflating my BCD. This happened the first time I used it (about a week later) after getting it back from annual servicing.
I used it in the pool again Saturday with no problems, but I don't trust it.
Yes, I rinse it thoroughly after each use and it should have no corrosion present as it just got back from the service. In fact, the parts that they took out of it still looked good.
I will take your advice and call Scuba pro also.
That baby is going back to the shop TODAY.
CoconutGirl
QUOTE=shooter226]Do you have an AIR ll or a power inflator? Is it rinsed thourally (sp) in fresh water after you use it? We get a lot in for service that are corroded from not being taken care of. They need to be serviced annually. Your dealer should be taking care of this. If not you should call Scubapro.

When you bring it in ask if they can check it while you are there and watch them do it.[/QUOTE]

something like this happend to my inflator hose on my old seaquest BC when i was in cozumel.... bc is probably 12 years old... turns out the inflator mechanism (which when taken apart looks like the center of a tire inflator was corroded and stuck open) simple fix ... good luck :) hope thats it

Sounds like a great time to rid yourself off the Air2.

Back
Top Bottom