bit the bullet, bought an Optio S5i & housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, after weeks of to-ing and fro-ing, and debating in my head why I should and should not buy a camera and underwater housing, and that could spend that money on more scuba gear, a suspension upgrade for my bike etc... I finally bit the bullet today and bought an Optio s5i and the housing for it. Now before any starts to tell me why I shouldn't have bought it, I will say that it pretty much met my criteria perfectly. It is tiny, and fits in an Altoids box, so it's great for travel (primary purpose of this camera) it's 5mp, with reasonably good shots for a camera of this size (along with some manual control), it has an underwater housing that is rated to 40m - something that none of the other competition in the size bracket had) and, finally, being the last one in the store(and an old model), along with the housing, I managed to get both items for below the dealers cost, and I'll have another $80 coming my way when I leave the country to go to Phuket for a week thanks to the "tax back" scheme for travellers.

Now i'm just looking forward to playing with it and getting some underwater memories to share around. If I find I really get into this underwater photography stuff, well... There's always a camera shop ready to do a deal...

Z...

Back
Top Bottom