I still love Ornate Ghost Pipefish - Moalboal, The Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
These guys are still way cool, no matter how many of them I see. This one was in a golden colored Crinoid on the shore dive in front of the Seaquest Dive Resort in Moalboal, The Philippines.

I will have some juvenile images for you in a few days, but this one is an adult. This is almost certainly a male as it was smallish, doesn't have an obvious pouch and also was a single speciman (females tend to be found in a male-female pair).

22005-07-17-20-56-38.jpg

22005-07-17-20-59-35.jpg

22005-07-17-20-57-35.jpg

Enjoy,
M

Very cool fish indeed. Nice of you to share too.

Very good pictures thanks for sharing. How was the weather in the central Philippines, isn't this their rainy season? From your pictures, the water seems pretty clear (yes, I know it's macro, but still).

Dive Safe

Moalboal / Cebu are actually lumped into the southern philippines category. The visayas in general are much less affected by the rainy season / typhoons. Even further up in southern / central luzon (puerto galera, anilao batangas, subic bay) the viz can be ok during rainy season if you get a patch of good weather. My problem with Moalboal has usually been finding fish still living! My last trip there it appeared to be fished out :(

wow! nice shots, i would have a difficulty making those fish out. cant wait to dive moalbal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom