Foomanchoo plus a few more pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Foomanchoo, FeBrina +

I was just on Febrina out of Kavieng a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time, but the captain didn't plan well for diving the incoming tides at sites like Planet Channel and Big Fish Reef. Did he do a better job for you guys?

Here's a link to some of my pics from the week:
http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=68

debersole:
I was just on Febrina out of Kavieng a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time, but the captain didn't plan well for diving the incoming tides at sites like Planet Channel and Big Fish Reef. Did he do a better job for you guys?

Here's a link to some of my pics from the week:
http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=68

Of course, we were in Kimbe Bay mostly, Fathers reefs. We had a new skipper on the Star Dancer (from what I was told). There were three of the dives that I can think of that were called wrong as far as tides/current go. If they know the current will be really bad, tell the guests and change the dive times. I'd rather have 1 good dive in an area than have a couple of dives in a ripping current (you feel like a flag), change the dive times instead of the regime of 5 per-day make it 3, but choose the tide times more carefully. Then again maybe this is not possible, maybe the tides/currents are not readable, there is not alot of people diving this area often enough to ever find the predictability of the tides/currents when you are on a liveaboard in these types of scenarios. In a way maybe it's just "what I want" is not available "when I want it" in reference to the tides/currents. I have to give the operators a pass, I guess, because I can't believe they would want crappy experiences for their guests, just for the operators convenience.

Nice shots - thanks for sharing your trip.

wow thats very nice! loved the pic showing the wirling fish in the currents. hope i have your luck soon

caymaniac:
Foomanchoo, FeBrina +

Love fumanchus! I see one from time to time in Dumaguete (Central Philippines) but she's always upsidedown under a ledge and never on day dives. any pics of a Rhinopias?

Back
Top Bottom