Lyin'...liein'...lion in the sun some more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Still working on these - one day it will all come together!

Floating
floatingb.jpg

Very nice. Not fair, I need to go diving :D

How cool! ALMOST got those sunrays. I love the color of the water.

i feel so discouraged after seeing your pics! thats one surreal photograph. what were your settings?

midwestdvr:
ooooh, very nice. do they usually float up in the water like that?.

No, usually they are not up in midwater like that. They tend to hug around coral, rocks etc quite a bit. They are also very good at turning their butts toward the camera so this picture is very nice, not only a facial shot but also with a nice blue background. I have a whole bunch of lionfish shots but none nearly as nice as this :maniac: :bonk: :bawling:

Thanks, Everyone - there is meant to be a second photo in here, but I screwed up loading it...Once I fix it I will probably put it in a new thread...sorry to bore you with all these lions!

Yeah, they aren't often this far off the reef. Though he was really only a little above it turns out it was enough - I am down below with the camera back pressed into the sand and aiming up trying to not get the reef below him! I'd like to get closer and fill the frame more, but it's hard to get him without chopping bits off from this position!

I think the expanse of water helps make the photo. Really gives it that floating in mid water feel, even if he was kinda close to the reef.....can't tell it!

Thanks for the contortions...they paid off!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom