Hi! Looking for some info on UW photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr_Pyro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everybody!
This looks like a nice board.
I´m about to do some diving in Indonesia in October this year.
Any hints appreciated :)
If any of you old diving buffs has some experience how to get an old Niconos II compatible flash working in slave mode together with a Canon Powershot S1 iS, I´d be extremly happy :)
I realise that I need some type of device to hook upp with the flash.
The flash is called DYFO SL32 (Swedish brand)

/Thanks in advance.

/Johan Fredin

Mr_Pyro:
Hi Everybody!

If any of you old diving buffs has some experience how to get an old Niconos II compatible flash working in slave mode together with a Canon Powershot S1 iS, I´d be extremly happy :)

/Johan Fredin

Digital camera's, and even new film based camera's have preflash. This allows the camera to attempt to judge flash exposure before the exposure is done.

The only way to get an older flash to work with a preflash camera is to turn off the preflash (other than advanced modules which are not going to be available for an old discontinued flash).

So how does one turn of preflash? Well I'm not sure about the Powershot S1, but with my Canon S70 if you shoot in manual mode, and put the flash in manual mode, there is no preflash (why would there be? :crafty: ).

So that is your answer, but you will have to look at the manual, or play around with the setup to see if 1) you can turn off the preflash by setting it in manual mode or 2) if there maybe some other method to eliminate the preflash if one can not do so by shooing in manual mode.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

RonFrank:
Digital camera's, and even new film based camera's have preflash. This allows the camera to attempt to judge flash exposure before the exposure is done.
I thought that was so the fish wouldn't have red eye in the pic. :dork:

I don't know where the suggested links go, but be sure to check our geographic and photography forums...

:cowboy: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to the board. Look around the board, you will find a lot of different forums that will fit your needs. Good Luck.

:clapping:Hi Mr_Pyro, and Welcome to Scuba Board! It’s an awesome place on the internet to meet other divers. Take care and Safe Diving. Matt. :admin:

:wave-smil
Click here to greet a new member!
:giveusahu
No experience needed and it feels great!

Moved from Introductions & Greets Forum.

Back
Top Bottom