Got me my new accessory, look out fishies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After a long thought (my brain hurts... :D ), I went ahead and got the WAL instead. Had a hard time thinking what I could use as a lens caddy so finally just got another fisheye arm and an inon lens caddy hoping it would all work out. Thank God it did, although I don't know what I'll do when I get a macro lens too.

Now, need some help. Where can I get stuff to secure the lens so that it doesn't accidentally fall out and be lost? I was thinking of just getting a zip tie and fashioning some kind of leader to attach the lens to the tray. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm soooooooo happy. Now I just gotta get the whole thing wet.

Your on the right track with the leader.That's exactly what GBUndersea uses on their lens docks. Get yourself a length of plastic coated steel fishing leader, swivels,safety type pins and crimp fittings that are used in fishing tackle. Make your leash with that. Then use a cable tie, the one with the eyelet in the end of it. Secure the cable tie around the groove in the WAL but allow it to turn freely. Use the pins, swivel and leader to make your leash to connect the WAL to the dock.

midwestdvr:
After a long thought (my brain hurts... :D ), I went ahead and got the WAL instead. Had a hard time thinking what I could use as a lens caddy so finally just got another fisheye arm and an inon lens caddy hoping it would all work out. Thank God it did, although I don't know what I'll do when I get a macro lens too.

Now, need some help. Where can I get stuff to secure the lens so that it doesn't accidentally fall out and be lost? I was thinking of just getting a zip tie and fashioning some kind of leader to attach the lens to the tray. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm soooooooo happy. Now I just gotta get the whole thing wet.

can you llet me know where you got your tray and arms? im looking at making my own base tray for my a95 looks pretty simple. i am also considering some inon wal and macro lenses.

Spoon:
can you llet me know where you got your tray and arms? im looking at making my own base tray for my a95 looks pretty simple. i am also considering some inon wal and macro lenses.

Spoon, got it from a Japanese shop, www.uwdigitalcamera.com . For me, they're affordable and fast (maybe different when ordering from the PI though). Will let you know how the WAL works out. Less than a month to go and looking forward to the trip. Maybe I shouldn't have bought that new driver, coulda gotten the macro lens instead :D .

midwestdvr

How does the setup work? I've contemplated getting new lenses for my A80, but I don't know anyone how has used them!! If you have the time, post a few shots!!

Chad_Ordelheide:
How does the setup work? I've contemplated getting new lenses for my A80, but I don't know anyone how has used them!! If you have the time, post a few shots!!

Do you mean all the parts that are needed to attach the lens to your housing or how it works underwater?

midwestdvr

midwestdvr:
Spoon, got it from a Japanese shop, www.uwdigitalcamera.com . For me, they're affordable and fast (maybe different when ordering from the PI though). Will let you know how the WAL works out. Less than a month to go and looking forward to the trip. Maybe I shouldn't have bought that new driver, coulda gotten the macro lens instead :D .

midwestdvr

Hi MidWestDvr!
Glad to hear you're coming to the PI. Where are you planning to dive? If you're able to get your macro lens in time, consider dropping by Dumaguete. We have great macro (Leaf fishes, froggies, ghost pipeys, longnose hawks, a Dendronephthya crab...)! drop me a prv8 messg if you want Dumaguete details.

best fishes,
marku

midwestdvr:

midwestdvr

thanks im considering getting some macro lenses and wal lenses for my rig. considering the inon ones. let me know how it goes and post some pics:)

Spoon:
thanks im considering getting some macro lenses and wal lenses for my rig. considering the inon ones. let me know how it goes and post some pics:)

Will do. Hopefully I get some good ones.

midwestdvr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom